Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Need help with HPI Savage XS Flux

Old 04-12-2015, 01:00 PM
boomgreen87

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help with HPI Savage XS Flux

So yesterday while driving, the truck stopped running. It would still steer but whenever I used the throttle, it made this revving noise. This morning I took it apart and discovered that the gear on the motor had come loose and was out of place. I fixed that and put it all back together and went out to test it in a field. It worked for the first little while but then all of the sudden, the rear wheels stopped working. It would still drive but it was very slow because it was being driven by the front wheels which just seemed to be spinning more than moving the vehicle. What is the problem and how can it be fixed? If possible, please link a video.
Old 04-13-2015, 03:50 AM
collector1231
My Feedback: (1)

Check the drivetrain for any loose screws on the shaft or a broken shaft. You could have also stripped your center or rear diff.
Old 04-13-2015, 09:02 AM
whee-sconsin basher

This exact issue happened to me right before winter hit. Started tearing the rear diff apart, and found a pinion bearing blew up. Thankfully it didn't wreck anything else! I'd pull that diff housing apart and see what's up.
Old 04-13-2015, 11:53 AM
boomgreen87

Alright I'll check it out and keep you guys posted. Thanks for the help.