Notices
Great Planes, TopFlite, Duraplane, US Aircore Support from Bill Baxter for Great Planes distributed brands "Great Planes, TopFlite, DynaFlite, Duraplane & US Aircore"

GP ElectriFly ElectriCUB EP Kit

Old 04-22-2017, 06:40 PM
sylvaner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GP ElectriFly ElectriCUB EP Kit

Improved design with new CAD engineering provides easy, perfectly interlocking construction the product page says. I don't know if I got the only bad kit but so far the laser cutting does not fit together at all. When the parts are placed down over the plans the outline of the part is not even close to matching the plan outlines. It takes a major rework of the parts. I have built many kits over the last 30+ years and this is the most disappointing kit I have built in a long time. I certainly hope this is not the quality that we can expect from Great Planes in the future.
Old 04-24-2017, 07:28 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

While the parts may not match the plans exactly, they should fit to each other. Use the plan as a guide. It may be that the kit was converted to laser-cutting, but the plans are still from the die-cut era. If the parts don't fit, please contact [email protected].
Old 04-24-2017, 03:56 PM
sylvaner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It is a converted kit and the parts don't fit together. I re-cut the parts myself but I am extremely disappointed with the quality of this kit. I believe it would have been better to leave as a die-cut.