Notices
RC Robotics and Autonomous Robots Discuss autonomous and radio control robots and anything related to robotics in here

First Rc Project (Help!)

Old 05-23-2024, 01:03 AM
gggjose

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question First Rc Project (Help!)

I am planing on building an RC Go Kart. I have two motors and a battery that can suply both with enough power. I wanted to make the kart turn by making the motors spin in opposite directions. Can I achieve this If I connect 2 esc's to one RC reciever and have the spins be controlled by an arduino?
Old 09-28-2024, 05:59 AM
trial&terror

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gggjose
I am planing on building an RC Go Kart. I have two motors and a battery that can suply both with enough power. I wanted to make the kart turn by making the motors spin in opposite directions. Can I achieve this If I connect 2 esc's to one RC reciever and have the spins be controlled by an arduino?
ggg,
Hello! This sounds like a fun first project. I am fairly new myself to the hobby and utilize this differential steering style as well in mobile projects. I am all for utilizing what you have access too and in theory this seems like it would work. There are dual channel esc's (not sure if I can brand name the ones I have used...). Essentially, there would be terminals for each of the 2 motors as well as terminals for two separate signal wires coming from receiver to the esc. Not sure if I helped at all or not, but would love to hear how things progress!!