Notices
Everything Diesel Discuss R/C Diesel engines here.

What planes are your Diesels in?

Old 02-09-2022, 10:47 AM
atesus
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by John C
Buzz is sweet! Looks like Trexler wheels too!

John C
Thanks John! Yes, Trexler wheels but so far they are more hassle than I like...

Here's a video of the maiden.
Old 02-10-2022, 06:22 PM
John C

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice. I was a bit surprised your engine runs were so long, especially for the first flight.

Engine seems to be an easy starter.

John C
Old 07-27-2024, 11:53 AM
canardlover

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by JMP_blackfoot
Thanks!
The motor mount is made of 4 interlocking pieces of five-ply aircraft plywood as shown, assembled with Titebond II wood glue.
Parts A,C and D are 1/8", and part B is two layers of the same .
Finish and fuelproofing is two coats of thin CA glue followed by five coats of nitrate dope.
The 2.5 mm holes for attaching to the firewall are spaced like for a Cox Baby-Bee for the sake of interchangeability.
The engine is mounted with 2x10mm stainless steel bolts and nuts.
It is a fun model indeed, and I was surprised that it was never difficult to visualise it in the air, tiny and fast as it is.
WOW, what a brilliant motor mount design..!!! Have a plane which I crashed the nose on recently..=(..! Now I know how to rebuild it..=)...Thanks JMP.!
Old 07-27-2024, 12:43 PM
JMP_blackfoot

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks, I'm glad it may help you.
My latest is a Waggler (see on the Outerzone) flown rudder-only pulse with an Adams Baby actuator. The engine is a Boddo 0.5 Mills which is a pleasure to start and run. I have been using a Cox 7x3.5 prop so far but will try a Cox 6x4 next time out.
As for radios, I fly either with a ACE pulse transmitter on 27 MHz, own superregen receiver on a single 600 mAh Lipo cell, or an ACE Shows pulser to which I added an Arduino coder and Lemon 2.4 GHz module with a Lemon receiver and PIC pulse recoder in the model.
I like to have models under the FAA weight limit.
By pure coincidence the mounting dimensions of my French Micron 0.35 Moustic are the same as the Boddo Mills 0.5. I may try to fly with the Micron someday.
Of note, the Waggler flew right off the building board, no adjustment whatsoever being needed.

Last edited by JMP_blackfoot; 07-27-2024 at 02:59 PM.
The following users liked this post:
canardlover (08-01-2024)
Old 10-14-2024, 10:06 AM
Russell Willis

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default EnyaSS25BB Sonic 1.3 Meter

Here's my setup, Nice Air frame, still getting the hang of Tuning my Diesel Enya SS25BB. Just ordered a PAW 60 TBR. I'd post piccies but I cant figure out how to do so. The Diesel Forum has been very useful, I had a sticky Contra Piston but found a solution here!