Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Crazy project - Futaba 7PXR and KingTech ECU

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Crazy project - Futaba 7PXR and KingTech ECU

Old Today, 08:02 AM
ponyXpress

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Crazy project - Futaba 7PXR and KingTech ECU

I'm posting this question here because I have a Kingtech Turbines K120G 27 pounds and I would like help programming the Futaba 7PXR (land radio and land rc receiver) so that I can control / start the jet engine.

Ok, the crazy part is that I am putting this turbine in a custom built 1/5th scale on road car. I know it's been done with using a air transmitter, but I want to try and use my 7PXR because using the wheel to steer is much better than the stick. Ok, you are asking Why? - right. Two things, my eye sight is not good enough to fly jets anymore, and second, this is a cool project and I can still run and play with the jet engine.

With the air transmitter, we have to use the throttle stick and Trim to start the engine. Trim on a land receiver isn't that easy to change, unless there is a way to create a macro that with an assigned button would do the same Trim movement to trigger the engine to start.

The 7PXR has a ton of programming options and I'm not an expert. The Kingtech ECU also has a Transmitter Learn feature, but I'm not sure how this can work.

I did a search, and I have not found anyone who has put a jet in a land car and used a land transmitter to control the jet ECU.

Any ideas?