Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks > HPI Monster Truck Forum
Reload this Page >

Savage servo pulsing/glitching bad with new XTM motor

Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Savage servo pulsing/glitching bad with new XTM motor

Old 02-28-2004, 03:14 PM
Chris07

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Savage servo pulsing/glitching bad with new XTM motor

I have a Savage 21 with a new XTM 24.7 motor installed. When I start the motor the servo’s go nuts. When I drive the steering and the throttle servo pulse/glitch. It only happens when the motor is running. I tried a new receiver and a new Transmitter, even with new equipment it still does it. If the motor is off it doesn’t do it.. Any ideas what is going on??
Old 02-29-2004, 06:32 PM
AmongTheLiving

Default RE: Savage servo pulsing/glitching bad with new XTM motor

Not sure but the same thing happened to mine, the vibration of the engine makes it tweak out sometimes, open up the radio box and make sure that the wires arent being pinched. If that doesnt work, make sure you arent too close, sometimes the radio interference is too close so just back away and let it rip
Old 03-01-2004, 10:15 PM
truckzilla24

Default RE: Savage servo pulsing/glitching bad with new XTM motor

well i am in the same boat as yall are. my servo tweeks out and my steering goes nutso only when it is running my neighbor has the same problem on his and he is using new radio equip. mine was a .21 but now it is a .46 truckzilla i locktited the piss out of everything.
i called the lhs and they said to check for pinched wires and also check for loose fittings?..any other advice please help

keep me posted please on how to fix yours