Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Flight Simulator Software
Reload this Page >

New AFP Giles202 Video

Notices
RC Flight Simulator Software Discuss rc flight simulator software here. Aerofly Pro, RealFlight G3, XTR, Reflex, etc.

New AFP Giles202 Video

Old 07-19-2004, 08:03 PM
Bowser

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New AFP Giles202 Video

The Giles video should stream with most DSL connections with no stutter.
It is my second test video using the FRAPS video capture program. It has been compressed much more than the Extra330vtoc video that I previously posted[]. It has a definite loss in quality but was traded for a smaller file size. I think it is the second highest viewing quality I have seen from any video capture method to date. I view it as streaming video on a cable connection at 100 % Windows Media Player size. The airplane used is the Giles202TOC (with cg and engine modifications). The video is 6:50 minutes in length without any splices in the flying session. The video capture is of the actual flight and not a speeded up re-record. Background music was captured using FRAPS and the Aero Fly Pro’s music function. The video screen size is 720x480 and is hosted as a streaming video for BROADBAND connections of in the 896 Kbps range. If you have a slower connection you may save the video to your computer by right clicking your mouse on the link and selecting “save target as”. Then play the download video when complete. Warning-it is 44,756 KB in size. I am not sponsored by anyone and my sole purpose is to show the second highest quality of video capture that I have achieved to date. I did not have the video hosted for slower connections because of the high cost of bandwidth. The capture method also works with G-2 and probably all simulators. Enjoy and click on this link to view the flight

http://64.158.28.140/Windows/Bowser/Giles202MM.wmv

This was my first video. It will stream with the new ultra high-speed DSL connections with no stutter[:@]. I think it is the highest viewing quality I have seen from any video capture method to date. The airplane used is the Extra330vtoc The video is 5: 47 minutes in length without any splices in the flying session. The video is hosted as a streaming video for BROADBAND connections of the NTSC (1500 Kbps total) type. If you have a slower connection, follow the above instructions. Warning-it is 53,747 KB in size. It has to be large for the high viewing quality

http://64.158.28.140/Windows/Bowser/ExtraDemo.wmv
Old 07-19-2004, 08:19 PM
crashburn4ever
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: New AFP Giles202 Video

Nice Vid. I like where you can here the plane and the music it gives it a freestyle feel to it. I just bought AFP and it looks like i made a good choice.
Old 07-19-2004, 09:21 PM
Bowser

You made a great choice in simulators. It is the most realistic I have flown. I don't have to change plane settings to do different maneuvers. I have G-2 with all 5 add-ons. I haven't used G-2 much since I got AFP. I really am not impressed with sceneries. But the physics in AFP will make you a winner. I do remove the huts and animals from AFP and I hope they add some additional removal options. I have also learned how to change the lighting on the airfields because I hate dark fields however that is for a future topic. Visit my website to see some tricks for AFP. I have some great engine sounds there also[:-].
Most important is to have fun!
Old 07-19-2004, 09:37 PM
crashburn4ever

What is your web site?
Old 07-19-2004, 09:56 PM
Bowser

It is listed on my profile but click on this link and you will be there[:-]. Then scroll to bottom for simulator tricks.

http://rwc10.tripod.com
Old 07-19-2004, 09:57 PM
crashburn4ever

Thanks
Old 07-20-2004, 01:59 AM
Halogen

Great Vid and website ! How far back did you move your CG and What engine mods have you made ?