Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Model Tech Extra 300 ARF

Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Model Tech Extra 300 ARF

Old 12-04-2001, 10:18 PM
burnsie90

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Model Tech Extra 300 ARF

I am about to start putting this plane together and would like any suggestions that you might have on it. This is the 25-36 size. I have a Thunder Tiger 42 engine that is light weight and I am planning on using it for this plane. Like I said, I would appreciate any info on this plane.

Thanks,
burnsie90
Old 12-07-2001, 12:22 AM
Brian-RCU
Banned

Default Model Tech Extra 300 ARF

I knew someone who had a .25 on one, he said he loved it and it flew great! Also said the ARF went together perfectly. This guy moved and I don't have any more information.

Extra330L, who used to cruise around on the forums had one if you can find him...I think his website is www.adamflies.com
Old 12-18-2001, 04:00 PM
stevezero
My Feedback: (11)

Default model tech extra

Burnsie.

I finished the rebuilding of my extra, that I posted about on rconline to you a while back. It has an os 32 sx on it, turing an 11/4 apc prop. After modifications I was able to trim about 4 oz off the plane, weighs in at a light 3 3/4 lbs, using standard reciever and servos, and a 1600 nimh 4 cell pack. Unlimited vertical, added lots of elevator and rudder throw, and 4/40 tail braces to box the tail. It flies fast, straight, and loves to tumble, but beware, due to its high cubic wing loading, it is not a slow maneuver plane. Sub stall speed maneuvers are risky, because of the thin wing. Spins will take at least 1- 1 1/2 revolutions to recover, to keep altitude. I have a Dazzler kit in the garage, that I am seriously considering building that thick fully symetrical wing to mount on the model tech fuse.
I will try to insert a pic here, if it will let me.

Steve
Attached Images