Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

The First

Old 10-03-2004, 12:10 AM
nitro_D

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The First

i was just surfing the net, and i realized many trucks are now based on the savage. im pretty sure the savage was the first to have vertical chassis, correct me if im wrong.
ok so theres the cen genesis not that similar to the savage but it has tvps. then that new duratrash Warhead mt. you cant see many pics at the moment but looks very similar. look at the fake headlights like the savage
what r ur thoughts
Old 10-03-2004, 01:00 AM
Acs_guitars
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: The First

Well, it was the first of it's design, not the TVP... Some of the old Kyosho and Timya designs used a TVP type ladder chassis, but had cantelever suspensions and solid axles. The recent ones coming out do IMO copy the design of the Savage though. Meaning that the whole suspension setup along with TVP and basic chassis setup are similar to the Savage. I still wouldn't buy the newer ones, there is no way that they can be better (may be the same, but I doubt it) than the Savage as far as durability goes, because tha Savage just doesn't break!
Old 10-03-2004, 01:02 AM
nitro_D

my savage breaks . and i was thinking rock climbers kind of use tvps but not for the same reason. articulation
Old 10-03-2004, 11:43 AM
Acs_guitars
My Feedback: (3)

So far the stock parts look like they will outlast the s25 engine. I have over 5 gallons of fuel thru it and I have broken nothing. Though I think the front lower arms will be the first to go.... I bash on large rocks and they have taken some big chucks out of the plastic, but they still survive!
Old 10-04-2004, 04:21 AM
nitro_D

i broke my shocks and the rear differential. now being fixed by the four gear