Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

I JOINED THE CLUB! Bought a Cermark Pitts!

Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

I JOINED THE CLUB! Bought a Cermark Pitts!

Old 01-29-2005, 06:11 PM
crashergs
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I JOINED THE CLUB! Bought a Cermark Pitts!

With constant reading on the forums and the death of my h9 supercub, I thought I might replace it. I replacecd it with a CERMARK PITTS!

YES!, i ought to say guys, it looks really nice, I hope I can keep the monokote in a prestine condition, I would like to know since I joined the club with all ya, if you guys can keen me in with any modifications needed, im installing a g26. By the way I love the instruction manuel, only a few pages. I think I might like this one
Old 01-29-2005, 09:21 PM
Cyclic Hardover
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: I JOINED THE CLUB! Bought a Cermark Pitts!

Your my kinda guy! Well with only a few pages in the manual, there won't be that much to worry about. You will notice a slight difference in performance and handling. [X(]
Old 01-30-2005, 12:39 AM
SBR_RV

yes i agree, just a LITTLE different to fly
Old 01-30-2005, 01:41 AM
Birddog-RCU
My Feedback: (62)

The Cermark Pitts and G26 are a good combination (see my photo gallery). I use the G26 in mine but it has been converted to electronic ignition and is much lighter. You will need to find a way to secure the RX battery as far to the rear as possible to balance. The servo mounted in the rear helps.

This plane will definately fly a little faster than your H9 Super Cub did but you will love it. I use a Slimline pitts muffler and it seems to work well. That stock muffler is just to restrictive and robs RPM's to the tune of about 400. Post some pictures when you have it assembled. I'd like to see it.

Have fun!
Old 01-30-2005, 02:22 PM
crashergs

good morning fellas....

well im in the constrtuction of the ailerons, with the notch and tapering n all. However im still worried on g26 installation. If any of you guys installed it, maybe a pointer or two. I noticed they said to mount an extra piecece of ply the same dimensions as the current firewall, which I will probabbbllyyy do, then they said add spacers or something to give the engine clearance. I noticed also that there is a slanted piece of balsa wood im assuming for the 3 deegree of thrust? now do I have to add more washers, do I even need spacers lol. One more question, where the vertical and horizontal line meet, is that where the prop shaft supposed to be? Ill post some pics later, when my camera charges happy flying guys, and truley appreciate you input, its helped me alot.

cheeeeeeerrrrrrrs
Old 01-30-2005, 02:30 PM
Birddog-RCU
My Feedback: (62)

I have posted some shots of my mounted G26 here on RCU. Here is one picture [link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/upfiles/23880/Ro41832.jpg]Pitts and G26[/link]. There are more in other posts and I'll have to look for them.
Old 01-30-2005, 08:09 PM
ghost-RCU
My Feedback: (10)

I've been thinking about getting a cermark pitts and YS 1.40 sport. What do you guys think about this combo?.
Old 01-30-2005, 08:25 PM
crashergs

put a 26 in it , yeah the 1.4 would pull it nice, a buddy of mine has a ys 140 it is not as aerobatic as it should be, but it would be a nice sport engine.

Hey guys, look at the stuff im doing, tell me if im doing it the right way, also in the inner firewall, I would like to know if I can put epoxy-fiberglass over that foam molding that touches the firewall. As you know im installing the g26 and trying to reinforce, I dont have any stock but I plan on fiberglassing very throuroughly. The fiberglass you see below is 5 oz fiberglass. what do I use for the upper most part where the styrofoam is? I wanna reinforce there too but the foam hinders me from doing so. Ideas?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd92803.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	39.2 KB
ID:	222922   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xs57218.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	58.6 KB
ID:	222923  
Old 01-30-2005, 08:44 PM
crashergs

dirty garage working on pitts
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki20282.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	63.9 KB
ID:	222932  
Old 01-30-2005, 09:45 PM
ghost-RCU
My Feedback: (10)

So you think a G26 will pull this plane around better than a YS1.40?. Is the G26 that strong?.
Old 01-30-2005, 09:51 PM
crashergs

ghost,

i personally dont know myself the differences, but where I fly a bud of mine has a ys140, and a guy with a blue version with a g26, the blue one seems to be more aerobatic and goes inverted longer, could be the props their using, I dont know, im just setting mine up with what I saw.

cheers bud.