Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

2 wheel drive savage?

Old 05-16-2005, 06:37 PM
savagesrule

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2 wheel drive savage?

Well yesterday after finishing some repairs on my savage i went to the local park to run it, and well when i got there i started my engine i noticed it was front wheel drive only. the rear wheels though they spun when i held the truck up they did not push the savage when it was on the ground. and also i had no brakes whatso- ever! Now i have been in this hobby for several years and its not that i could not disassemble my savage and find out what is wrong its just i have no time, between drivers training, SAT's and finals that im really pressed for time so I'm hoping that somebody, somewere can help me pinpoint the problem. Any advice is gratefully appreciated.
-Kris
Old 05-16-2005, 06:53 PM
proxpilot
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: 2 wheel drive savage?

your rear diff is prolly toast, did you happen to notice if your rear center drivshaft was in there? i had mine vanish a couple months ago. and do you happen to have the 4 gear upgrade in your diffs? if not i recomend it.
Old 05-17-2005, 02:13 PM
savagesrule

thanks, ya the dogbone is there and i suspected it may have been the diff, so were can i get this 4 gear mod?
Old 05-17-2005, 02:24 PM
proxpilot
My Feedback: (3)

your LHS has prolly got it in stock if not. http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXJLH6&P=ML . i suggest getting some aluminum diff cups too while your in there