Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Servo Setup

Old 11-15-2002, 04:40 AM
Razorback58
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Servo Setup

I have a dumb question. When setting up dual elevator servos in the tail of a large airplane, would it affect anything to have one servo pointing the opposite direction of the other, causing the control linkage to be longer than the other side? On my DP Extra, they suggest that the control horn on both servos be pointed toward the rear of the airplane. This will cause one elevator half to go in the opposite direction of the other one. I know that I should just take care of this with a computer radio ( which I will), but was just curious as to how it would react with the different length control linkages.
Old 11-15-2002, 07:12 AM
DGrant
My Feedback: (4)

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts
Default Servo Setup

What your talking about will not make the servos work correctly. The servo pointing in the opposite direction won't make them reversed. The servo arm will. To do what your talking about you just mount one servo arm up, and the other down. I don't recommend it though. It could change geometries from one side to the other, although minute it might seem, you really need them identical.
Mixing directly in the radio will accomplish this, and allow for the minute adjustments of travel differences that may occur.
Expert brand(available at Horizon) makes a very nice servo-reversing Y-harness. I think the part# is EXRA125...it has an adjustment for travel built in that allows for the differences in servos/linkage. I've done them both ways(radio and the reversing Y) and either one works equally well. The reversing Y though does allow radios that don't have the mixing option to be used.