Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Giant Aeromaster

Old 03-10-2006, 07:12 PM
P47Tbolt
My Feedback: (20)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Giant Aeromaster

I just purchased a GP Giant Aeromaster and a Zenoah G45 from a friend that is out of the hobby.
Kit is NIB and engine has never been run.Will this be enough engine for this plane?
This will be my first gas engine/plane combo.Any tips or suggestions appreciated.
I did notice that the throttle arm was not on the carb.Does the Zenoah come
with the throttle arm on it?Where can I get one?What servos should be used in this plane?
I have Futaba equipment.

Thanks Roy
Old 03-10-2006, 07:40 PM
Bob Laine
My Feedback: (91)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Giant Aeromaster

P47Tbolt: Just run the regular heavy duty servos with it. For Futaba radios, 3001's will be plenty if you run 1 on ea aileron instead of the inter connector strut between the lower and upper wing. If you have them, I would prefer around servos with a little more torque for the rudder, and elevator. I use Hitec 5645's on mine. For power, I'm using a Quadra, 42cc, and It's plenty of power to do anything I want to. (I don't need to hover) I'm not sure about the throttle arm, but you may be able to just use a arm with a set screw to replace it. Or just order a new one from "Horizon Hobby's." You'll really love the Giant Aeromaster, and the way it flys. Just be careful when building it because it really comes out on the heavy side, and you'll need to mount you elevator servos in the rear of the plane. I've had mine about 5 years now and it's the only plane in my fleet that I won't part with. If you go to "My Models," under my name at the bottom of this post, you can see a picture of my Giant Aeromaster. Good luck with your project.