Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Just getting back into it

Old 12-14-2002, 09:08 PM
walkingtall
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just getting back into it

Kinda long but here we go.......

I bought an nitro RC10GT about 4 years ago and had a ball with for a year are so and then put it away until this month. Got the car out and the motor was froze up and my 2 yr old at the time I bought the car, broke my radio. Ordered a new radio, broke the motor free, changed the plug, added fuel and pulled it twice and it fired up. Ran for a few minutes and then it stopped. Pulled the cord again and the pull starter broke, so I ordered another one. Got everything up and running again, my sons (3 of them now 9, 6, 2 ......2 have never seen the car) ran out side to see the car run. Well I set it down on the ground, give it the juice and drive right into the ditch (full of water of coarse) and it dies. Get the car dried out and the servos working right, the water out of the motor, and all dried off and fire the car back up. Now my sons are having a fit to see the car run and ask if we can walk down the road so that it can go fast.......so we did. Well remember when I said I had the servos working right........they weren't, the car throttle went to wide open and it turned dead left, went through another ditch full of water and hit a light pole, but it is still running. My oldest son moved the car and it took off, did a 360 and the rear drive shaft on the left side broke. Needless to say my boys were kinda disappointed and I don't have another drive shaft, so they went into the house to watch tv. I did save face by starting up one of my airplanes and letting them see how it worked and they think I am the man again. All of this within a week and the most damage done today, but I am going to get it going again and have some fun. My oldest is very interested in RC stuff and that is enough to keep me interested. Man what a day.
Old 12-14-2002, 10:01 PM
crash_me_over
My Feedback: (16)

Man....that's a sad story

Maybe you could get the car simulator and keep the damages down?

Hey...good luck when you get that beast running again!
Old 12-15-2002, 02:27 AM
walkingtall
My Feedback: (1)

yea, was just a little rusty after not driving it for so long. I had forgotten how fast these little car are. I took the receiver apart and dried everything out and they all seem to be working right (thought that last time too though). I will be getting a supply of spare parts as I expect other things to happen after being stored for so long.
Old 12-15-2002, 06:19 AM
crash_me_over
My Feedback: (16)

I'm sure we can all relate to your experience. It's almost sureal when you see the little bugger scooting along at lightening speed....out of control....almost like an "out of body experience".

The info at these sites mat be helpful for waterproofing your rig. It's a good read even if you don't follow through with it.

http://www.rccaraction.com/rc/articles/ht_snoproof2.asp

http://rcvehicles.about.com/library/...c101_proof.htm

Hang in there...it can only get better!

Good Luck!