Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

bme 3rd gen. Edge?

Old 06-04-2006, 09:07 PM
discusmike
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bme 3rd gen. Edge?

Anybody flying one of these yet?Thinking of one,but not so sure,was trying to get the pro's and con's on this plane.Thanks.
Old 06-04-2006, 09:25 PM
tuwood

Default RE: bme 3rd gen. Edge?

There's a great thread on the Edge http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.asp?m=3081919
The Edge II & III are the same airframe, the III just comes with more hardware (wing bags & such) & has a canister tunnel.

I'm still putting mine together, so I haven't flown it yet but there are a lot of flight reports in that thread.
Old 06-04-2006, 11:19 PM
SU-13
My Feedback: (1)

the edge ||| is also a pound lighter (i think). and comes with a body bag wing bangs and stab bags(lol, body bags) i havent flown it, but i hope to get this plane soon.
Old 06-04-2006, 11:22 PM
Rcpilot
My Feedback: (78)

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I have a first generation here in the box. Hoping to get it put together some day. It's the Teal colored scheme. I stripped all the stupid looking purple, gold, and teal graphics off it. Right now, it just has plain white wings, stabs and fuse. I left the black and white stripes on the bottom of the wings and stabs. I plan on putting flourescent orange on top of the wings and stabs. Also orange on the hatch and top of the fuse too just behind the cockpit. Repaint the cowl solid white. Maybe a couple black pinstripes to dress it up.

I'll get around to it some day...........................................
Old 06-05-2006, 09:08 AM
JoeAirPort
My Feedback: (41)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Great flying plane. Get 'R done !!!

ORIGINAL: Rcpilet

I have a first generation here in the box. Hoping to get it put together some day. It's the Teal colored scheme. I stripped all the stupid looking purple, gold, and teal graphics off it. Right now, it just has plain white wings, stabs and fuse. I left the black and white stripes on the bottom of the wings and stabs. I plan on putting flourescent orange on top of the wings and stabs. Also orange on the hatch and top of the fuse too just behind the cockpit. Repaint the cowl solid white. Maybe a couple black pinstripes to dress it up.

I'll get around to it some day...........................................
Old 06-05-2006, 02:08 PM
JohnVH
My Feedback: (38)

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Just FYI from my perspective. I have flown the V1 edge, after that I knew I needed one, so I got a V2, and I love that plane, DA50, BME 3D prop, its my 50cc pick for sure, so the V3 is a winner as well! I thought the V1 flew awesome so they are all great aircraft!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl30790.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	60.1 KB
ID:	472492  
Old 06-05-2006, 05:05 PM
SU-13
My Feedback: (1)

im guessing 4 planes in that picture beling to ken-H(edge 540, yak 54, ultimate, extra 330)
Old 06-05-2006, 05:16 PM
JohnVH
My Feedback: (38)

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

SU13 No, He has two in that picture, as do I.