Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Lainer 33% Extra 300s

Old 01-10-2003, 10:30 PM
bckyrdbshr
My Feedback: (35)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lainer 33% Extra 300s

Anyone built this plane.?? fixing to start on mine I've got the godfrey mods Im going to try to keep it as light as possible and was thinking of coring the wings anyone tried this befor.?? also what engine would be a good choice? I was thinking about a brison 5.8 but not sure how vertical would be with this engine..

Thanks
Old 01-12-2003, 12:45 AM
CrashMeister
My Feedback: (4)

BME 102 is lighter and pulls the plane well. Cut lightening holes in EVERYTHING, this is one very heavy plane. Mark Poole has written a review and he cored the wings (see RC Flight Unlimited website). Add 1 to 1.5" to the rudder and 1" to the top of the counterbalance. Shift the hinge line on the elevators by at least 1.5" (more elevator, less stab).

Good luck,
Craig.
Old 01-12-2003, 01:54 AM
Aerohead
My Feedback: (37)

Default I fly one, too.

I've got the Lanier 1/3 Extra 300. I've been flying it for a couple of years now and it flies fine on the BME 102. It was built by a good friend of mine who did a really nice job of modifying it. He increased the elevator, rudder and aileron size, cored the wings out lengthwise and fully sheeted the wings. He also put lightening holes everywhere. It uses four JR4721's on ailerons, two on elevators, and two 8411's in a pull-pull arrangement for the rudder. I don't do alot of heavy-duty 3D with it, but it does a very respectable job of precision aerobatics. It doesn't go vertically real fast, but at 26 pounds, the BME will pull it straight up out of sight. It is balanced right on the wing tube, which works out fine for my style of flying. With the CG there it spins and snaps pretty aggressively, but it is still easy to land and only takes the smallest grunt of down elevator when inverted. I've had a great time with it. You can see a couple of pics of it by choosing the "see my gallery" button at the bottom of this message. Good luck with yours. Keep it as light as possible and I think you'll like it.
Old 01-12-2003, 03:24 AM
bckyrdbshr
My Feedback: (35)

Thanks for the info guys... Aerohead very nice plane I like the colors... as far as for the BME 102 goes how well would it pull out of hover or tork roll..??
Old 01-12-2003, 04:45 AM
Aerohead
My Feedback: (37)

Default It does Okay.

Like I said, I don't do a whole lot of 3D, but the Extra pulls out of a hover or torque roll pretty well. Nothing like my H9 1/3 Cap with the DA100, though. That ship literally jumps out of a hover, or even a tailslide. Thanks for the compliment, by the way. You don't often see that color combination. It gets alot of attention at flyins because it is different from the norm.