Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

savage ss 4.6 problem

Old 01-28-2007, 07:40 AM
hardtail

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default savage ss 4.6 problem

hi guys i seem to have a problem with my clutch ,im no novice to savages as i have had them for many years but this has got me baffeled , you see ive brought a new savage ss off somone and have checked it all over and noticeiced its got and alum clutch ..bonus.. well after my first outing to run it in i noticed after 3 tanks the clutch was binding and stalling the motor mmmmmmm , i returned home stripped it and the one clutch spring had come out the groove so i just poped it in and took it out again , same thing happened clutch binding .so i re stripped and te spring was out again this time i fitted and new set of shoes and springs ..took it out again same thing again mmmm the thing that i can only think is that the grrove on the nut isnt lower enough or the thickness of the flywheel is to thick ..so before i go ahead and by a vented clutch bell (cause mines standard by the way) and a new fly wheel has any one had this problem
Old 01-28-2007, 09:51 AM
Vigilante212

Default RE: savage ss 4.6 problem

I heard someone else having this problem I think they had to buy an aftermarket clutch nut or soemthing to fix it. Do a quick search on here im sure youll find it.
Old 01-28-2007, 03:21 PM
KILL--ROY

Default RE: savage ss 4.6 problem

Add or remove shims from behind fly wheel