Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

RX for my new jet FM or Spektrum

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

RX for my new jet FM or Spektrum

Old 03-05-2007, 07:42 PM
jetspud

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RX for my new jet FM or Spektrum

Hello,

I have a JR 10x and my T-45 is almost complete and I am wondering about the rx.. I want the new spektrum which is 9 channels, I can get away with only nine channels but I dont want to get it and then tommorrow they come out with something new. I talked to a tech at JR and he told me that when there is a 10 plus spektrum channel radio, It will be a completely new TX and RX he said that the 10X will only be able to have nine channels for spektrum. He said that the 10X only has nine channels in ppm mode, not sure what that has to do with spektrum but he knows more than me.. What do you guys think Should I jet get another FM RX and wait for something bigger and better or it is so far out that the 9 spektrum will be good for now...

Thanks for the input,

David
Old 03-05-2007, 11:12 PM
Likai

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: RX for my new jet FM or Spektrum

I'm considering using Spectrum module and receiver on my 14MZ, but there are only 8 channels in PPM mode. If Futaba MPDX-1 8 channel expender can compatible with Spectrum receiver, I'll jump to go with it. Can you imaging a 22 channels SS radio system?
Old 03-05-2007, 11:25 PM
Silver182
My Feedback: (2)

ORIGINAL: jetspud

Hello,

My T-45 is almost complete and I am wondering about the rx.. I want the new spektrum which is 9 channels, I can get away with only nine channels but I dont want to get it and then tommorrow they come out with something new. I talked to a tech at JR and he told me that when there is a 10 plus spektrum channel radio, It will be a completely new TX and RX he said that the 10X will only be able to have nine channels for spektrum. He said that the 10X only has nine channels in ppm mode, not sure what that has to do with spektrum but he knows more than me.. What do you guys think Should I jet get another FM RX and wait for something bigger and better or it is so far out that the 9 spektrum will be good for now...

Thanks for the input,

David
You mention the JR... so if you already have a 10X transmitter all you need is about $300.

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...rodID=SPMMSJR9
Lee

Old 03-06-2007, 12:33 AM
Ehab
My Feedback: (44)

Chris Huhn and I talked in depth about the spektrum at FJ. I saw his Bandit setup with a 9 ch Rx. It is, IMHO, the way to go for ME! I am flying the DX7 on props right now and there is no better feeling than turning on the TX w/o any frequency worries