Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Help please

Old 03-14-2003, 09:02 PM
damanmd

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help please

I purchased a Traxxas Nitro Sport. Got it home, set it up, ready to break in the engine.
Got it started once before it cut out on me. Since then, I have not been able to start it. It is an electric starter. I hook the starter up to it, press the button, and I get a little sound like the starter is about to start for a second and then stops. Is the battery for my starter dead maybe?
Old 03-14-2003, 09:21 PM
damanmd

Default Help please

Sorry for posting twice. Not sure how I did this, but it was not intentional
Old 03-14-2003, 10:58 PM
crash_me_over
My Feedback: (16)

Default Help please

Possible causes and things to look for:

1. Fully charged or new 7.2 volt starter battery.

2. Glow plug that is working "properly" remove it and put the glow igniter on it and look at the coil.....is the "entire coil" glowing the same? If not or your not sure...put in a new glow plug.

3. Be sure the engine is not flooded as the starter will not allow the engine to turn over if it is. remove the glow plug...turn the rig upside down (watch for the brass washer for glow plug) and use the starter to turn the engine over several times until you clear out any excess fuel in the engine. Put the glow plug back in and try to start the engine again.

4. Be sure your wire going to the glow plug is making good contact with the glow plug.

5. Some glow plugs work better than others. I use OS brand #3 & 8 in my TMaxx and other rigs and they always do an excellent job. The #3 plugs are said to be exactly as the #8 but cost less.

6. Be sure your using fresh fuel.

7. Check the carb and make sure you have a good seal where it seats onto the engine.

8. Check all fuel lines for air leaks and also the fuel tank lid to be sure it seats tight after you fill up the tank with fuel.

Good Luck!