Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Glitching troubles

Old 08-26-2007, 11:01 AM
xtreme7

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Glitching troubles

I'm having some bad luck lately with my giant scale aircraft. My 150cc sd models yak is having a weird glitching problem. It always flys solid as a rock the first flight but on the second or third flight it starts taking an occasional hit when i make a low pass when the plane is directly in front of me. I can see that it is a multiple surface glitch and it is very brief and the plane flies through it. I would probably not be to concerned but i lost my double vision with the same setup just a couple of months ago. That plane was having a glitch in the exact same spot and also not until the second or third flight. The receiver in that plane went completely dead in flight and the plane was a total loss. I am using a 9303 tx with the spk module with the smartfly power expander pro using 2 switches. I was using the 9 channel spk rx in the double vision i crashed. I went with the ar7000 rx in the sd yak because i knew everyone has been having good luck with that rx and i had trust issues with their knew 9 channel rx. I'm afraid it is some type of heat problem since it never happens until the second or third flight but that doesn't make since with the setup i'm running. Are their any issues with spk being used with the power expander pro. I've used this same setup on 72mhz without a problem. Would a dual rx setup be wise to do.
Old 08-26-2007, 11:26 AM
sweetpea01
My Feedback: (10)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Glitching troubles

You really don't give enough info.........

Pictures of your setup would help
Are you running the satellite RX's with the spektrum Rx's and if so where in the plane
Is your antenna straight, bent, facing the plane at that one point
any of the same gear (wires/switches/batts, etc) being used in this plane that was in the crashed plane
did you send in your module to have it looked at after the first crash?

lastly.....going to dual RX's isn't going to help your situation. It won't stop intermittent glitches. You need to find the problem then decide if you want to use dual RX's in the future
Old 08-26-2007, 11:53 AM
xtreme7

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Glitching troubles

Their is zero shared hardware between the two airplanes except the tx. I'm not concerned about the occasional intermittent glitch, my concern is with another total rx failure. I have used this transmitter all summer on my other aircraft with absolutely no problems at all. Of course I'm using the satelite. I realize that this type of problem is almost impossible to trouble shoot in this type of forum but i have a lot of experience with spk and i know it is a rock solid system. I also know that my airplane is properly setup. Just looking for someone that may be having a similar problem.