Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Friendly shop.

Old 03-27-2008, 08:52 PM
GAZ082

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Friendly shop.

Hi guys. I'd like to get a RTR 1/10 on track model, but customs here get a nice cut of the cake, I'm wondering if some of you know any online shop who would be kind enough to issue a lesser invoice with the pack for customs, while i'd be paying the full price, of course.

Any help is appreciated, thanks!!!
Old 03-28-2008, 11:52 AM
dynodan22
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Friendly shop.

You will find almost none that will do this. The Chinese ask us to do this all the time
with OEM equipement. The problem is if there was a dispute on payment
for the shipping company they would lose because of the invoice amount on the document.
Are you able to ship it as a gift from someone, as a way around customs .

Dynodan22
Old 03-28-2008, 09:10 PM
GAZ082

Alrighy, i'll have to get a friend here then :P Been checking here, and prices are a rip off. I must pay 700 usd to assemble a Serpent Impulse (which btw, they are not longer produced) with a .12 engine and a basic controller and servos. And this does not include extra tires, fuel, starting table, etc.

Wanna be my friend?
Old 03-28-2008, 10:27 PM
hands without shadows

Think you could register to a site with someone else's address (like your neighbours?) and then have it sent to your address as a "gift?" I know on Tower they always ask if you want it shipped to the registered location or not, I just don't know if they would mark it as a gift if you put in a different address.
Old 03-29-2008, 03:40 PM
GAZ082

The problem is Argentinian customs, if i make it sent to my neighbor he would still require to pay 72% of the purchase value in custom taxes.