Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > 3D Flying!
Reload this Page >

More power to my .91

Notices
3D Flying! Our 3D flying forum is the ultimate resource for 3D flyers. Also discuss the latest in "4D" flying!

More power to my .91

Old 05-14-2003, 06:46 AM
Rendegade

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default More power to my .91

Agreed, it looks like your avatar is the vmar cap, in which case I'd turf it quick smart and buy a nice LIGHT aeroplane..

you'll not regret it!
Old 05-14-2003, 04:49 PM
Frankenthumb
My Feedback: (2)

I'm telling you, no matter what you do with that engine, IT WILL NOT 3D THAT PLANE. At least not the way you would like. You mentioned that you wanted it to rocket straight up. That WILL NOT happen with this engine/plane combo, unless you can figure out how to either shave about 4lbs from the plane, or double the power output from your engine. And even with twice the power you still have to contend with an excessive wing load. It's just too much for the type of flying that you are after.

IMHO

For what you are going to spend on fuel additives over the next few months you could buy a suitable plane for your needs.

Frank
Old 05-14-2003, 10:21 PM
Spaceclam

you would think so, however i found the same thing in a 9 oz bottle, for $20, that makes it around $2 a gallon as opposed to $8, and rocket strait up was kinda the wrong phrase. i meant being able to pull out of a torque roll without difficulty. the plane will already do just about anything i want, but in order to do them vertically, i have to go into a dive, and then i have about 7 seconds to do whatever, before i loose power.
Old 05-14-2003, 10:54 PM
outssider
My Feedback: (23)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you won't find the answer in a 9 oz bottle.....not even 9 oz of pure nitro

it appears that you won't be satisfied until you try this stuff....you are not going to take the word of everyone that has tried to help by responding to your problem.....which is ok!! sometimes I need to do things the way i want too ...no matter what others say.....sometimes I'm even right

get this stuff and try it ..... get it out of your system !! It's obvious it has your curiosity up!!
Old 05-14-2003, 11:32 PM
Spaceclam

i just want to see how much of the problem i can solve with things like $20 in additive or $30 in no-Flow restriction mufflers before i spend $100 or more on more expensive items such as new planes and bigger engines, or of taking the risk of modifying. if need be, i will go there, trust me. i don't mean to be ignoring or shoving aside your posts.
Old 05-15-2003, 09:13 PM
Frankenthumb
My Feedback: (2)

Keep us posted!!

I'd love it if you were to succeed!!

Frank
Old 05-18-2003, 01:55 AM
Spaceclam

guys, buy yourselves a bottle of this nitroblast stuff, it really does work. I was able to lean out the needle 5 clicks, giving me abour 2 mins more flight time, i was able to hold it in a torque roll until another flyer almost mid-aired me, in which casse i used the extra power to chase him. the apc prop is on back order, but i would really recomend this stuff. because of the added cooling, i am kicking up the nitro to 20%. if you email the nitroblast sales guys, they have a 9 oz bottle that brings the cost from $8 a gallon to $2 a gallon. but yes, i am also taking to shaving off weight. it wouldn't be right to ignore all the responses the the thread i created, and that seems to be helping too.
thanks guys,
Old 05-18-2003, 09:28 PM
Spaceclam

i ran my first tank of 20%, and i was going an easy 15 Mph climb which did not stop. it just keptt going, and going, and going.