Notices
RC Electric On-Road vehicles, race cars and more Discuss electric RC on-road vehicles here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers, brushed motors, etc

which car to choose & better?

Old 06-23-2008, 12:45 AM
sammz_987

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default which car to choose & better?

out of these 3 cars; tamiya trf 416, xray t2 008 & hb cyclone, which car would u guys choose & which car is better in terms of handling/performance? I m currently using ta-05 ifs. tks for any replies.
Old 06-23-2008, 01:41 AM
TIGER76

Default RE: which car to choose & better?

All those cars are great racers with tons of adjustability m8 you cant go wrong with either,now this is where i would recommend the tamiya lol but in all honesty ive seen them all run and the xray is in a class of its own
Old 06-23-2008, 09:40 AM
sammz_987

so youre saying that the xray is better rite??? am thinking if the xray too actually..
Old 06-23-2008, 10:43 AM
spartan117

I'm partial to HB, just look at my sig and avatar. But I would honestly say if you can afford it get the Tamiya TRF-416. I would recommend the HB cyclone andy moore edition as my second choice. And then the x-ray as third. The only thing i like better about the cyclone versus the x-ray is that it comes with a spool front diff and a one way front diff. The HB cyclone can also be had cheaper when Tower Hobbies has those buy something greater than $400 and get like $30 dollars off. Thats what I did and I got mine at about $420 shipped.

So far I have had nothing but good experiences with the HB cyclone.

Hope This Helped,
Spartan117
Old 06-23-2008, 12:52 PM
Lunchboxer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think at that level, it is all up to the driver..

I'd go for TRF416 myself, but that's cause I am a Tamiya fan! (but didn't they come out of gate winning 1-2-3 at the first few international races already?)
Old 06-23-2008, 12:52 PM
sammz_987

ORIGINAL: spartan117

I'm partial to HB, just look at my sig and avatar. But I would honestly say if you can afford it get the Tamiya TRF-416. I would recommend the HB cyclone andy moore edition as my second choice. And then the x-ray as third. The only thing i like better about the cyclone versus the x-ray is that it comes with a spool front diff and a one way front diff. The HB cyclone can also be had cheaper when Tower Hobbies has those buy something greater than $400 and get like $30 dollars off. Thats what I did and I got mine at about $420 shipped.

So far I have had nothing but good experiences with the HB cyclone.

Hope This Helped,
Spartan117

was thinking of the trf-416 at first but heard a lot of good reviews about the xray t2 from my rc buddies at my local race track who are using the xray. so now i m caught in between the trf-416 & xray t2. anybody on xray t2 or trf-416 can share their experience using the 2 cars? thks again.
Old 06-23-2008, 05:21 PM
spartan117

I would go with LB and get a TRF-416. Ive been watching redrc.net to see race results every day for the past year and Tamiya is destroying everyone. Xray and HB used to be the ones to beat but now they struggle to get on the podium. I would also ask around on rctech.net, thats where alot of pros like Paul Lemieuax and others hangout.

By the way, Im Corinator on rctech.net,
Spartan117
Old 06-24-2008, 08:05 AM
sammz_987

gee, thks for the positive feedback on trf-416, man. i also have decided on the trf-416 actually. will be getting it by this weekend. cheers!!!
Old 06-25-2008, 06:51 PM
littleazn248

xray for performance. But probably tamiya because ive always had a real good experience with them