Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

Inexpensive FM tx/rx

Old 01-11-2009, 06:18 PM
benzy2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Inexpensive FM tx/rx

I just picked up an e-revo and it is a fun truck. I don't really care for the TQ Tx that came with the truck. I have both FM and DSM on some airplanes and honestly can't tell a difference. I live in the sticks and am the only one who is running a truck when I use it so finding a clear channel isn't a problem. I really don't see a justification for the extra price over anything but FM. I don't have many RC cars and have no problems if this gets used on all of them to reset the trims and not have model memory on the controller. I don't do much more than bashing and if I spend a minute or two resetting things, no big deal. So what is the best deal out there in FM? I would like to get in as cheap as possible but I don't want trash. I figured with FM being a bit phased out more and more every day that prices would be lower and lower. What gets me in the door without breaking the bank? I would consider both used and ebay if the right deal was there with decent feedback. Thanks.
Old 01-11-2009, 06:26 PM
coolink13
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: Inexpensive FM receiver

How come you don't like the traxxas receivers? What is your price range? Ebay is a could place for anything as long as you know what you are buying. I like the airtronics 27 mhz fm receivers. Yeah I know its old technology but it suits my needs. And does not break the bank. As we all know who are in the RC hobby its Fun but does get expensive.
Old 01-12-2009, 12:36 AM
benzy2

Default RE: Inexpensive FM tx/rx

Sorry I didn't mean just the rx. I was really looking for a nicer tx/rx combo. I think they feel real cheap. For how nice the truck is the tx just seems like junk. I also am looking at switching to brushless and have heard that the am system gets real glitchy. I don't see it worth spending the money on the revo, the brushless, the lipos, etc to use a controller that feels like it should go with a radio shack toy (no offense to those enjoying radio shack rc, I have a couple radio shack rc cars to toy around with myself).

Price is a bit hit or miss. If I can get a good FM radio dirt cheap that sounds great. I know you get more bells and whistles the more you pay and Im not against a few of them. I just want to spend as little as possible to get a system that feels solid and won't glitch with a brushless motor. If I can get out for $50 that would be great. I could spend up to $150 on the high end but like I said I would like to spend as little as possible while still getting a system that works well.
Old 01-12-2009, 12:59 AM
coolink13
My Feedback: (3)

I have a brushless well modified EMAXX with a 7xl motor that and 2 cheap 7.4v 8000mah lipo
batteries. With a mambamaxx ESC. It has a stock traxxas remote and receiver. I have no glitch problems at all. Although I will switching to FM 27mhz so I can Have one nice remote for all my Trucks. Hope that helps?
Old 01-12-2009, 01:23 AM
benzy2

Yeah Im in no rush to switch. The one it came with works. I just want a nicer radio that feels nice to use in all the trucks. Maybe a radio with memory for a handful of different models would be a useful option.
Old 02-16-2009, 05:27 PM
f22warzone

Hi
I have a JR xs3 http://www.jrradios.com/Products/Def...odID=JRP317275 (that thing) off of my lst2 that i am upgrading to a dx3s that i would be willing to sell for 50$ plus shipping if you were interested that is even if you still need a radio its the 75mhz , doesn't come with the servos tho as i am still using those : ) and it is used but taken care of .... comes with the rx and tx

e mail me at
[email protected] if your still interested and maybe we could work something out : )
Old 02-16-2009, 05:37 PM
f22warzone

oh ya that was my first post because i normally post at lst forums but this forum has a lot of information to : )
Old 02-17-2009, 05:15 PM
smaxx311

i use a futaba t2ph on my t maxx and i only paid 50$ for it. and its never glitched.