Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Whats best ???

Old 07-26-2009, 11:56 AM
dandeman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whats best ???

Hi, i am into planes and now i am looking at getting a nitro car
BUT what to get? I have a £100 to spend at the moment but if i work with my dad over the holidays i might get upto £150 I ahve been looking at the xtm xt2... jato 3.3 ... and the hyper 7 (I will have to get a used one)
What do you think of them? I think a buggy might be better rather than the jato as it looks like a bit of a road car I want something fast
Any other cars you recomend and do you recomend the cars i said about?
Thanks,
Dan[&:]
Old 07-26-2009, 12:23 PM
Druss

Default RE: Whats best ???

What are you planning on using it most for? Off road or on road? Do you want 4WD or 2WD?

Out of the ones you listed I like the Hyper 7 the best but it really depends on what you're doing with it.
Old 07-26-2009, 01:47 PM
dandeman

I only want it to go down the field and have a bit of fun (not racing!) I think 4wd would be best so it don just spin!

Also how do you stop cars falling apart? Just use locktite??
Thanks,
Dan
Old 07-26-2009, 02:00 PM
dandeman

My local hobby shop only has parts for the xtm xt2! Anyone got one... and if so are they any good?
Thanks,
Dan
Old 07-26-2009, 02:36 PM
klaze

ORIGINAL: dandeman

My local hobby shop only has parts for the xtm xt2! Anyone got one... and if so are they any good?
Thanks,
Dan
It's always a plus to buy the car from your local shop that also keeps parts in stock.

That buggy looks like it's built strong.

The motor and electronics in a RTR that cheap are probably not the greatest.. but if you take care of the engine it should be perfect for what you want to do...

Definately buy a fail safe for the Receiver because with the cheap radio it is more likely you will lose signal.. and then the car could take off away from you..

Their is reviews here: http://www.hobbypeople.net/gallery/145625.asp
Old 07-26-2009, 02:44 PM
OvalRacer99

Like you, my local hobby shop stocks XTM parts which are hard to find. I run a Mammoth ST pro and love it. I think XTM makes some decent stuff so you can't go wrong with one. I am not sure what radio it comes with but if it's like the Mammoth ST, that had HiTec radio gear in it which I like because it's a good brand and not a cheap no name radio. Also, it's always a plus if you can get parts local.