Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

High speed servo mod?

Old 09-28-2009, 10:01 PM
cannouu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default High speed servo mod?

im gonna buy a high torque airtronics servo:http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...XJYT8&amp;P=ML. its speed is (6V: .015 seconds/60&deg is this good? i was wondering if theres any mods to make it go faster. im getting 2 of these for my nitrors4 3, throttle/brake, and steering. these a good option?im only spending 30bucks tops per servo.</p>
Old 09-29-2009, 08:58 AM
rendezvous944
Banned

Default RE: High speed servo mod?

Make sure the torgue is right for your application. Less torque will actually slow the speed responce. The ony cheap way to get more speed from a servo is run 6 volts.
Old 09-29-2009, 09:01 AM
Chris_RC

You want to buy a fast servo, but you dont want to pay more than $30. I would get a JR 590M or Hitec 6525 or 645 for steering depends if you need 85 or 140 oz of torque. FOr throttle you want 85+ torque, .15 speed. I have a JR 9100S and it is good for throttle. Also look at the new Hitec HV servos. Their speed one is 220oz of torque at .06 speed.
Old 09-29-2009, 09:41 AM
i8tweety
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tower fat fingered the specs. Speed at 6 volts should read 0.15 (not 0.015 which would have made it the worlds fastest servo).

With that being said, your nitro rs4 3 (on-road nitro) does not need 150 ounce inch servo to turn the wheels. If you use the farthest available position on the servo horn for steering, you can increase your steering speed without losing any usable hold strength (because you are using a shorter servo sweep angle from steering lock to lock).
Old 09-29-2009, 10:57 AM
MCSRacing
My Feedback: (2)

to fast of a steering servo will cause alot of scrub and hook on the turn in ..... ya really don't need anymore speed than a hitech 5645 ... they are plenty fast.
Old 09-29-2009, 08:03 PM
cannouu

So i guess getting both of these servos are perfect. For steering, not too fast, yet torquey and metal gears for reliablity, and for throttle, would get to full throttle faster, but not noticeably, yet have the torque to power the brakes well, again metal for reliability. i want to stay with airtronics brand because i will be buying a 99$ 2.4ghz radio. If only airtronics had a servo that was high speed instead of torque.