Go Back  RCU Forums > Glow Engines, Gas Engines, Fuel & Mfg Support Forums > Gas Engines
Reload this Page >

Two different gas engines two different gas/oil mixes??

Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

Two different gas engines two different gas/oil mixes??

Old 10-14-2009, 08:54 AM
R/C Addiction

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Two different gas engines two different gas/oil mixes??

I have a SPE 43 and I have an Aerovate 28cc on the way, each MFG suggests a different oil/gas mix...do I need to have two separate mixes?? The SPE manual recommends a mix of 100:1 using Amsoil Saber Professional (synthetic) and the Aerovate recommends a high quality petroleum based 2 cycle oil at a ratio of 30:1 (during break-in) and thereafter you can switch to a synthetic 50:1. Can I just run one mix for both engines after break in occurs ...50:1 synthetic to satisfy both????
Old 10-14-2009, 08:57 AM
soarrich
My Feedback: (98)

Default RE: Two different gas engines two different gas/oil mixes??

I run 32:1 pennzoil in everything. It's so much easier than having different oils, and with Pennzoil at 32:1 the engines break in, run clean, last forever.
Old 10-14-2009, 09:14 AM
krayzc-RCU
My Feedback: (31)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I run 32:1 pennzoil in everything. It's so much easier than having different oils, and with Pennzoil at 32:1 the engines break in, run clean, last forever.
I do the same for my various brands of motors, bme, da, 3W, Brison.....
Old 10-14-2009, 10:33 AM
arobatx

ORIGINAL: soarrich

...same here, including all outdoor garden equipment, snowblower, leaf blower, weed eaters, saws. Granted, it doesn't HAVE to be Pennzoil, other quality oils formulated to be mixed between 32-50:1 would be equally suited. As I have experimented, I have used petroleum oils at 32-40:1 and synthetics at 40-50:1 Whether you breakin with petro or synth, start out with a richer mixture, and after a few gallons switch to the thinner ratios if you want to. I have personally used the limit of 40:1 for petro, and 50:1 for synth. Within the last year, I started running the 32:1 Pennz in everything, new or already broken in, and have seen no need or reason to switch from it. I have no complaints, and happy engines. Aside from Pennzoil, my synthetic choice these days would be Stihl Ultra...again, there are other very good ones. 100:1 amsoil and lawnboy are choices I'll never make based on my own experiences, and the ongoing experience of others I trust who've shared as well.
Old 10-14-2009, 10:57 AM
R/C Addiction

Thanks for the answers...I just don't see the practicality of having separate mixes for different engines.