Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

Pitts Muffler for CRRC 40cc

Old 11-24-2009, 10:02 PM
P51p

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pitts Muffler for CRRC 40cc

Does anyone know who sells a Pitts style muffler for the CRRC 40cc engine.
I bought one from ValleyView RC a few weeks ago and it fell apart on my second flight and to make matters even worst they refused to replace it under warranty. I will NEVER buy another thing from ValleyView RC. My worst experience ever dealing with them.
Their mufflers are a piece of JUNK and they know it, thats why they don't warranty their mufflers.
Old 11-24-2009, 10:16 PM
All Day Dan
My Feedback: (5)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Pitts Muffler for CRRC 40cc

Try jtecrc.com. Dan.
Old 11-24-2009, 10:38 PM
P51p

Already tried them, no luck.
Old 11-24-2009, 11:09 PM
JOHNS3D

well thats why is importantto READ the rules when you ordera muffler and expect warranty, it can fail for a lot of reason. VVRC are one of the bestcompanies out there, thats why almost everyonesend engines to Jody and also order things from Tom. Im not saying that you are wrong but to be honest, everbody hereorder/getsevice fromthem so it will be hard for you to get help if you talk like that about a company that support almost everyone here.

Dont take me wrong... im just telling you one side of the point.

Good luck.</p>
Old 11-24-2009, 11:29 PM
P51p

Unfortunately for me when I made this purchase it was a phone order with Jody and I wish he had told me at the time that they do not warranty their mufflers. I would thought twice about placing the order. Usually when a company does not honor a warranty its a good sign that they have no confidence in the product they are selling.
Old 11-24-2009, 11:45 PM
jedijody
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Itried to save you the expense and hassle of returning the muffler by explaining the reason why we don't warranty them, yours fell into that category of user abuse. Itold youif the muffler was in pristine condition, except for the failure, I'd make an exception and consider replacing it. I'm sorry, but after it's been clamped in a vice, down tubes cut down, rubbing on the cowl and or engine box, and a portion of the front smashed in with a hammer so you don't have to cut the cowl to clear it, any warranty consideration is not possible.The 40cc mufflers have been very good when left as purchased. They also arenot our mufflers, they are made by CRRC in China.

FWIW Jtec does make apitts muffler for the CRRC 40, you just need to orderthe one for a BME50.
Old 11-25-2009, 08:31 AM
Scar
My Feedback: (3)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ah. The rest.... of the story.

(I'm not Paul Harvey)
Dave Olson
Old 11-25-2009, 11:12 AM
P51p

Jody:
This muffler was never placed on a vice, never came in contact with the cowl or engine box and was never bashed in. The two pipes were cut to clear the cowl by placing it on the end of a work bench and then cut, I was careful not to put any stress on the rest of the muffler. If any part of the muffler that should have failed should have been the two pipes, and at that point I would not even bother returning it to you. This is not the first time I have used a muffler for a gas engine.

The main issue I have is not the expense or hassle of returning the muffler but the fact that after reading the disclaimer on the ValleyView RC’s website about the mufflers it seems obvious to me now that you guys are well aware of the poor quality of these mufflers but continue to sell them. Even in our conservation you mentioned several time “these mufflers are not the best†so may be you should stop selling these mufflers from CRRC and sell something of a better quality from JTEC as a replacement.
Old 11-25-2009, 07:31 PM
mogman

Seems to me if the pipes were cut....warranty void.....no question about it.
Old 11-25-2009, 08:32 PM
JOHNS3D

ORIGINAL: mogman

Seems to me if the pipes were cut....warranty void.....no question about it.
seems to me the same. Let me try tocut the exhauston mybiketo fit my new body kit and go to the dealer and find out if mybike still under warranty after that. Just think a bit. You told your part, Jody his, the fact, the mufler was cut so there is no warranty anymore, period.

Anyway Jody had already answered your question.

"FWIW Jtec does make apitts muffler for the CRRC 40, you just need to orderthe one for a BME50. "
Old 11-26-2009, 12:15 AM
P51p

Already ordered one from Jtec.