Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

RADAR Speed Guns

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

RADAR Speed Guns

Old 06-01-2010, 02:21 PM
uncljoe
My Feedback: (8)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: RADAR Speed Guns

ORIGINAL: jetpilot

ANybody know where I can get a radar jamming devise that could be mounted in a small vehicle with about a 7' wing span?
Just wondering.
A friend wants one.
Thanks
Scott
Scott FWIW..... A jammer for frequency(X band) I'm guess you want it to operate on could get you a BIG fine along with some jail time . I knew of a Chief petty officer who was a electronic wizard,who built one, It worked so well he ended up braking the users equipment,which after he was arrested ,cost him a few years in a military brig(used parts belonging to uncle sam) along with a large sums of money for the replacement of the local police equipment and BIG bucks going to the FCC.
Found out the best way to beat these devices was to put a brick under the gas pedal.
Joe
Old 06-01-2010, 02:46 PM
bevar
My Feedback: (27)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Scott,

http://www.radarjammertechnology.com/ or call Pablo. He's got a couple installed in his Suburban.

Oh wait...after his ticket fest at Florida Jets I'd say they are bloody crap Mate!

B

ORIGINAL: jetpilot

ANybody know where I can get a radar jamming devise that could be mounted in a small vehicle with about a 7' wing span?
Just wondering.
A friend wants one.
Thanks
Scott
Old 06-01-2010, 02:52 PM
Duncan

ORIGINAL: erbroens

Nah, Nascar is cool too.. it can´t be compared to F1 as much as apples and oranges, or jets and gliders...

but we must admit that they didn´t need to put down $5k in a turbine to reach 400 mph!
we'll have to agree to disagree about NASCAR lol

The guiders don't get much change from $5000 for the top ds models like the Kinetic 160 or Dynamic that have both been fighting for the record for some time.

I sold my DS model and put the cash towards a bandit
Old 06-01-2010, 03:29 PM
KC36330

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: uncljoe

.............I knew of a Chief petty officer who was a electronic wizard,who built one, It worked so well he ended up braking the users equipment,which after he was arrested ,cost him a few years in a military brig(used parts belonging to uncle sam) along with a large sums of money for the replacement of the local police equipment and BIG bucks going to the FCC.

i'd venture to say he built a TWT (traveling-wave tube) which amplifies the signal and send it back to the receiver at about a 70 db gain which in most cases fries the receiver (it was used allot in Nam to cause doppler SAMs to explode as soon as the enemy tried to launch them), i build one back in the days with the intent of using it on police radar but it sucked so much power that it wasn't practical and somehow it manage to screw up a storm scope too.
Old 06-01-2010, 04:35 PM
jetpilot
My Feedback: (48)

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Beave,
It was for Pablo, he told me not to tell anyone. He wanted to go really fast with his Electra but didnt want anyone to know how fast!
Scott
Old 06-01-2010, 04:44 PM
erbroens

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

It is pretty easy to do quite accurate speed readings analyzing the doppler shift on EDF´s.. all you need is a cellphone or a camera and record some passes.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj21928.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	76.7 KB
ID:	1446435  
Old 06-01-2010, 05:03 PM
uncljoe
My Feedback: (8)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: KC36330

ORIGINAL: uncljoe

.............I knew of a Chief petty officer who was a electronic wizard,who built one, It worked so well he ended up braking the users equipment,which after he was arrested ,cost him a few years in a military brig(used parts belonging to uncle sam) along with a large sums of money for the replacement of the local police equipment and BIG bucks going to the FCC.

i'd venture to say he built a TWT (traveling-wave tube) which amplifies the signal and send it back to the receiver at about a 70 db gain which in most cases fries the receiver (it was used allot in Nam to cause doppler SAMs to explode as soon as the enemy tried to launch them), i build one back in the days with the intent of using it on police radar but it sucked so much power that it wasn't practical and somehow it manage to screw up a storm scope too.
Right on ! The Navy wanted to prove a point .Not that I condone such actions but the US Navy lost one GREAT ECM technician. He Knew his counter measures,but could not get past JAG.[]
Old 06-01-2010, 06:49 PM
JimDrew
My Feedback: (16)

We use a Stalker Pro for our testing. It has incredible range, which is the key to accurate radar performance. If you can radar the plane safely with nearly zero angle, you will have the highest degree of accuracy. The Stalker Pro sees 1/8th scale and larger jets fromn well over 100 yards away. You can watch the speed change in real time, with the peak speed also shown on the display.
Old 06-02-2010, 01:25 AM
SpiderJets

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I forgot to mention that the Stalker Pro comes with a manual showing a chart for % corrections under different angles.
But yes, it would have been easier if this was built in the software, like the SOLO model as per Carsten Groen...

Nicolas.