Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

Racers v. Bashers (the vehicles not the drivers)

Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Racers v. Bashers (the vehicles not the drivers)

Old 08-26-2012, 10:49 PM
phmaximus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Racers v. Bashers (the vehicles not the drivers)

I wonder if we will ever agree on a reliable r/c car....lets just agree that all cars have problems,except a Losi 5ive

Bashing is a very loose word. I bash my cars to have fun not break them.

Ive seen sow some people bash cars, i call that thrashing/abusing... no r/c car will ever handle that...

I think the biggest problem is the way we drive, we generally go as hard as the car can untill the batterys got flat or we run out of fuel.
Imagine how long a real car would last if every time we did high speed runs, hard launched, full throttle everywhere, jumps, crashes, etc

Honestly ive changed my driving habbits over the last few years, and is shows. Im not braking my drivelines nearly as much
Old 08-27-2012, 06:03 AM
The_Shark

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: SLAYERDUDE

Trust me, you got one of the newer ''good ones'', I have an original first release MGT 8.0 and it's broken constantly...
Just tore the engine down to find the pinch is gone and the bearings are shot, got maybe 4 gallons on the truck and went thru 3 clutches in the process...?
I used to mod the MGT sections of AE forums and it was a constant flow of guys with MGT 8.0 issues, the 4.6 was pretty problem free from what I saw on the forums.
My Savage XL has been much more reliable, upgrade the throttle servo and shim the diffs, add some washers to the turnbuckle ends, seal the engine and I was good to go for gallons and gallons.
Pretty cheap, but a little bit of work... I have more time than money.
mine has the skinny tall head, so I think its a old truck, I have 3 gallons in after I got it used, and the clutch shoes are still good and thick. maybe you just have a lemon?
Old 08-28-2012, 08:02 PM
SLAYERDUDE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: The_Shark

mine has the skinny tall head, so I think its a old truck, I have 3 gallons in after I got it used, and the clutch shoes are still good and thick. maybe you just have a lemon?
That would be an earlier one with the tall skinny head, me - lemon indeed!
Glad I only bought it back from the LHS (friend of mine) for $250 NIB as I gave it to him.
I will say it's TONS of fun when it is running, but broken body posts (I have a fix for that), broken shocks, turnbuckle ends (not just stretched out and easily put back on like the Savage), steering knuckle (not reversible like the savage), etc, in 4 gallons I broke more plastic parts just driving in a parking lot with the MGT than I did skying 20 feet up and longer out with the Savage XL for 13 gallons.

The clutch, I was exaggerating because I was angry at the MGT lol.
Toasted one stock clutch, 1/2 smoked a Dynamite Maxlife 3 shoe I ran with the Savage flywheel and 18T CB until I could afford another stock MGT 8.0 set, now that set is 1/2 worn.

EDIT- the FOC will take alot of wear out of the clutch since it engages smoothly like a normal RC instead of the clutch engaging then the trans and causing the clutch to slip on IMPACT, when I say IMPACT, I'm sure you know what I mean.

(insert neckbrace here)

Old 08-28-2012, 08:19 PM
The_Shark

ORIGINAL: SLAYERDUDE

ORIGINAL: The_Shark

That would be an earlier one with the tall skinny head, me - lemon indeed!
Glad I only bought it back from the LHS (friend of mine) for $250 NIB as I gave it to him.
I will say it's TONS of fun when it is running, but broken body posts (I have a fix for that), broken shocks, turnbuckle ends (not just stretched out and easily put back on like the Savage), steering knuckle (not reversible like the savage), etc, in 4 gallons I broke more plastic parts just driving in a parking lot with the MGT than I did skying 20 feet up and longer out with the Savage XL for 13 gallons.

The clutch, I was exaggerating because I was angry at the MGT lol.
Toasted one stock clutch, 1/2 smoked a Dynamite Maxlife 3 shoe I ran with the Savage flywheel and 18T CB until I could afford another stock MGT 8.0 set, now that set is 1/2 worn.

EDIT- the FOC will take alot of wear out of the clutch since it engages smoothly like a normal RC instead of the clutch engaging then the trans and causing the clutch to slip on IMPACT, when I say IMPACT, I'm sure you know what I mean.

(insert neckbrace here)

I finally ripped out my first body post a week ago, i jumped maybe 6 feet up at top speed (with a ported engine) and landed right on the body and it proceeded to cartwheel and flip for another 50 feet, it actually ripped the proline super thick body in half.

yeah, its been very good to me, lots of cartwheels, tumbles and backflips and the only thing that has happened was a slightly bent tie-rod and broken body post. (oh and a screw broke off in the rear bumper)

I may just use the forward only kit just to save a few ounces, but so far everything works and shifts the way it should. engagement actually isn't bad at all, it doesn't buck like the T-maxx did.
Old 08-28-2012, 08:58 PM
SLAYERDUDE

A few ounces?
Hell the thread was lost, but I have the parts in a bag minus the servo and linkage, almost or maybe more than a pound total, waaay more than a few ounces of rotating weight.
Great upgrade!
6.320 OZ, not including the servo, and maybe missing a few parts and linkage.
Pretty sure it was over a 1/2 pound with the servo.
Old 09-02-2012, 05:37 AM
supertib

ORIGINAL: yakfish

Ok, so I have been apart of and overheard some people discussing the subject of racers v. bashers reffering to which cars/trucks are designed for which purpose. I was at my LHS this morning to pick up a few things when I overheard a couple guys arguing about which truck was a better basher. One of them made the argument the truck was not a good basher because it was designed to be a racer. We have all heard someone say that car/truck X is a great basher but not too good as a racer. Or car/truck X is a fantastic racer but not too good of a basher.

Here are a few observations I have made during my time spent around and with RC. I don't race any of my RC's (not that I have anything against racing) I just like to be able to drive when ever and where ever I want to without having to mess with the ''rules''. I have always liked to do my own thing and from what I have heard from racers they spend much more time in the pit than on the track running anyway. Having said this many of the best RC's I have owned have been designed and marketed to racers. These have always been the most reliable RC's for me and have taken abuse much better than other RC's that are marketed to bashers. And the trucks that I have owned that are designed to be bashers(I will refrain from mentioning names because I don't want the fanboys to get fired up) tend to be more on the delicate side and they typically don't handle nearly as well. Right now my two favorites RC's I own are a Losi 8ight 2.0 and an 8ight-T 2.0. These are most widely marketed to racers. But I bash them and they do much better than the RC's that were designed and sold as bashers. The best RC I have ever owned where a couple Mugen MBX5T's. They where most definently higher end racers but they werealso the best bashers I ever ran. I set my uncle up with an MBX5T that had been converted to brushless and he bashes it. I have a brushless MBX6T on its way as we speak and it will be bashed as well.

Anyway my question is. Are bashers really built to suit bashing? Or are they built to look cool and then marketed to noobs who can't afford racers? Or do people just get sucked into the marketers claims that car/truck X is designed to be bashed? It has been my experience that cars/trucks designed to be racers are much better in every catagory than their basher counterparts. What makes an RC a basher or a racer anyway?

I think you have hit the nail on the head for the most part....race machines are built with performance and reliability at the forefront of priorities for the designers...Bash machines are built to grab people's imaginations and sell well off the showroom floor...... Bash machines are most definitely targeted at newbies getting into he hobby, with a platforms perceived success or failure 100% based upon its sales volume.....The more gizmo's and doodad's the basher has the better its likely to sell..... the doodad's and gizmo's don't really need to actually work well, or even work at all....what matters is that the product grabs attention on the showroom floor...Very little concern is given to whether the product functions very well or not....How it looks is of more concern then how it performs..... ....By contrast race machines are built purely for performance and reliability, with zero concern towards cosmetics...race machines proe their worth on the race circuits, either a platform performs well, or it doesn't....and with racing all the machines are run side by side, head to head..so the manufactures are kept on their toes and unable to sell substandard product and get away with it....the racing scene is a very tight knit group that rapidly shares information, if a car doesn't perform reliably everyone around the globe hears about it...... By contrast a bash machine is seldom going to be compared head to head against other brands of bash machines, so the manufactures tend to be able to get away with putting out substandard product and get away with it with very little complaint...By contrast if a manufacturer puts out a substandard race machine the entire racing community will tear it apart and the people who bought the product will demand corrections be made.... One bad car can literally destroy a manufacturers reputation in the market, which in turn destroys the sales of that product.........Since all the racers compare notes and often test drive each others machines they tend to be a very well educated market and a much more difficult market to succeed in....Products designed for racing are held to a much higher standard then products designed for the bashers....comparable to buying a Chinese knock off dirt bike from the local hardware store or buying a true racer motocross bike from one of the big 4 like Honda..... The hardware store bike looks similar, costs 1/3 the price, but is nowhere even remotely close to the level of product the true factory motocross bike is..... True race machines cost more money, but they will usually deliver a much higher level of performance and a much higher level of reliability........want to see how poorly built some of the bash machines really are ? take them to the local track for a day and see how well hey hold up....Racing tears these machines up far worse then I think people would expect...

One thing I will say is that racers likely burn a pile more fuel then bashers do..it is not uncommon for a racer to burn 10 gallons of nitro in a race season....I know of very few bashers who even come close to burning that amount of fuel.... Anyone who thinks racers don't spend much time running their vehicles couldn't be any more mistaken.....Some guys at my track will burn 1 gallon/weekend...every weekend.......There are some racers I talk with who will burn 10 cases of fuel per year, that is 40 gallons of nitro in one year...............
Old 09-03-2012, 09:01 AM
jayjay283

Racing is alot about weight savings. Bashing is about durability and long fast run times. Racers will run a 3200mah lipo if its enough to finish the race, with the lightest components. Basher have shock boots, skid plates, 5-8ah lipos, heavy wheels/tires. When a racer breaks something they usually have another few of them in the field box. Where a basher breaks something they go home and look online for a more durable after market one adding another 12 oz.

You can bash a racer but all you will do is thrash it, you cant race a basher (and be consistently competitive) IMO
Old 09-03-2012, 12:36 PM
The_Shark

racers do have to be durable too, a breakdown will loose you a race and if its the worlds, you don't want your carrier to blow out.
Old 09-04-2012, 03:05 AM
supertib

ORIGINAL: jayjay283

Racing is alot about weight savings. Bashing is about durability and long fast run times. Racers will run a 3200mah lipo if its enough to finish the race, with the lightest components. Basher have shock boots, skid plates, 5-8ah lipos, heavy wheels/tires. When a racer breaks something they usually have another few of them in the field box. Where a basher breaks something they go home and look online for a more durable after market one adding another 12 oz.

You can bash a racer but all you will do is thrash it, you cant race a basher (and be consistently competitive) IMO

I do not agree with you on this one my friend( at least not when regarding 1/8th cars )............. Racing is all about durability....cant win if your car is broken.............. A basher cannot usually be made to be a racer simply because it usually lacks the durability needed to race.......A Racer usually has durability to spare to be bashed, as racing is more punishing on a vehicle then bashing is........

Now just to ask, which vehicle do you consider to be a basher that is more durable then a racer ?

Also 1/8th race machines and 1/10th race machines are totally different... 1/10th usually lack durability, however 1/8th machines are totally different animals that have excellent durability..............weight is not much of an issue in 1/8th as the cars all have minimum weight standards to adhere too....... and they have been at this weight limit for years......

You will not find a 1/8th monster truck that can match the durability of a 1/8th buggy or truggy........most 1/8th tracks just tear the MT's apart..the last LST that ran at my track broke into 2 separate pieces on our big triple jump....the last Savage at the track couldn't make 2 honest laps without breaking, and the only way it could survive is if you rolled all the jumps and drove excessively slow...........by contrast the 1/8th race machines can run the track weekend after weekend without breaking...............

durability wise Serpent 1/8th cars are nearly indestructible.........
Old 09-04-2012, 04:14 AM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

What makes racers durable is that they are simple. The flipside of that though is that they are boring to bash.

Was just watching the video of the Picco in the Savage forum, and it just sounds good - because of the 2-speed. A single-speed truggy might be as fast with the same engine, but it doesn't sound as cool. It's not as fun to drive in a parking lot or field - and I anyway would be wary of thrashing some expensive race truggy in a gravel pit.. Wheelying is fun, 2-speed shifts are fun, launching off ramps is fun. That's what bashing is about. Not obsessing about shock bladders and diff oil differences of 1,000 weight.. And with the exception of launching off ramps, you just can't do that stuff with a truggy. And even launching off ramps, I mean, who's seriously going to do that with a $1200 race truggy?..

Or even with a $600 RTR truggy? Yeah, it might jump decently, but you miss some of other fun factor that you get with MT''s..

And I anyway know for sure that my LST2 is durable. When out bashing it last time, I made some really bad jumps, and all that happened was the (five year old, like the truck..) stinger got ripped off the pipe, and the carb ball-end got ripped off.. Fixed. Could and may well have happened to a truggy too. And one LST2 wheel weighs as much as two truggy wheels... The LST2 is a very tough RC, and for me anyway WAY more fun than any buggy or truggy. When you get down to it, all the latter are good for is driving around in circles within the narrow confines of a track.
Old 09-04-2012, 05:53 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: supertib
Racing is all about durability....cant win if your car is broken...
This and nothing else. Questions?
Old 09-04-2012, 07:06 AM
supertib

ORIGINAL: HerrSavage

What makes racers durable is that they are simple. The flipside of that though is that they are boring to bash.

Was just watching the video of the Picco in the Savage forum, and it just sounds good - because of the 2-speed. A single-speed truggy might be as fast with the same engine, but it doesn't sound as cool. It's not as fun to drive in a parking lot or field - and I anyway would be wary of thrashing some expensive race truggy in a gravel pit.. Wheelying is fun, 2-speed shifts are fun, launching off ramps is fun. That's what bashing is about. Not obsessing about shock bladders and diff oil differences of 1,000 weight.. And with the exception of launching off ramps, you just can't do that stuff with a truggy. And even launching off ramps, I mean, who's seriously going to do that with a $1200 race truggy?..

Or even with a $600 RTR truggy? Yeah, it might jump decently, but you miss some of other fun factor that you get with MT''s..

And I anyway know for sure that my LST2 is durable. When out bashing it last time, I made some really bad jumps, and all that happened was the (five year old, like the truck..) stinger got ripped off the pipe, and the carb ball-end got ripped off.. Fixed. Could and may well have happened to a truggy too. And one LST2 wheel weighs as much as two truggy wheels... The LST2 is a very tough RC, and for me anyway WAY more fun than any buggy or truggy. When you get down to it, all the latter are good for is driving around in circles within the narrow confines of a track.

I have watched your videos and I can see why you prefer the MT's.....I always see you in very urban type conditions....either parking lots, public parks or just flat grass fields....Running a Buggy or truggy in those conditions is going to be just plain ole boring.......

Here in Canada we have endless amounts of open space and offroad terrain to run on....So we have no issue finding places to really use the Truggies offroad capabilities...We do stuff with them that the MT's are just unable to do.........But in order for truggies to be fun for bashing you need to be running them in challenging terrains.........challenging the machines capabilities.......Because their capabilities are so much better, you need to find the appropriate places to use them.....In Canada we have endless places to enjoy the machines..........

As for cost, there are plenty of MT's that end up costing just as much as the race truggies..........

for me 2 speeds are just one more thing to go wrong..........

I race, but I have not even thought about my shock bladders since I built my car............... racers burn soo much fuel they are usually worried about changing bearings and keeping the truck inb running order....up here we all will burn 10 plus gallons per season............At my track its all about fun......the only people with crappy attitudes are the bashers who show up and get pissy because their gear can't handle the punishment the track dishes out, and when they ask for advice they get all mad when we tell them the truth about what gear works, and what gear doesn't.....its not usually the racer with the bad attitude......
Old 09-04-2012, 09:19 AM
jayjay283

I do not agree with you on this one my friend( at least not when regarding 1/8th cars )............. Racing is all about durability....cant win if your car is broken.............. A basher cannot usually be made to be a racer simply because it usually lacks the durability needed to race.......A Racer usually has durability to spare to be bashed, as racing is more punishing on a vehicle then bashing is........

Now just to ask, which vehicle do you consider to be a basher that is more durable then a racer ?

Also 1/8th race machines and 1/10th race machines are totally different... 1/10th usually lack durability, however 1/8th machines are totally different animals that have excellent durability..............weight is not much of an issue in 1/8th as the cars all have minimum weight standards to adhere too....... and they have been at this weight limit for years......

You will not find a 1/8th monster truck that can match the durability of a 1/8th buggy or truggy........most 1/8th tracks just tear the MT's apart..the last LST that ran at my track broke into 2 separate pieces on our big triple jump....the last Savage at the track couldn't make 2 honest laps without breaking, and the only way it could survive is if you rolled all the jumps and drove excessively slow...........by contrast the 1/8th race machines can run the track weekend after weekend without breaking...............

ok yeah that makes more sense for the 1/10th and the general rtr. .. If I had to think of a more durable basher than my losi 8 t kit converted to brushless it would be far more expensive than the truggy like a supermaxx with vbs kit and racer-x setbacks and Ti cvds. Then you wouldnt want to bash that id consider that a racer too even though its a MT. Im thinking more like maxx/savage/muggy/lst2/ as basher, a car/truck thats can/has to be modified, be it diffs, mud flaps, a rubbermade bumper. RPM skids ontop of aluminum skids. Purpose built for urban assault, an all terrain vehicle that isn't great at either. Racer sure you can do all that but its a new set of proline pins after 1 run on 6s through the neighbors yard down the street 4 wheelies and a curb hop $60, all the buggys truggy racers are limited to ROAR type crap so they arent as individualized

could have a weight limit, bashers must be over 11lbs in 1/8 and racers under lol

just rambling

Old 09-04-2012, 09:24 AM
HerrSavage

There are tracks around here in the region. But for me anyway even just running at a track (not to mention an organized race) is a PIA. For one, here in Germany you have "quiet time" EVERY DAY from 1-3 pm. I recently got a good deal on a used truggy, and was going to drive about 90 minutes away (here where normal 1:1 car fuel costs €1.73 a liter..) on Saturday to run on a pretty nice track with some guys from a German forum who are actually pretty cool, but the father in law has made an appointment to build a table for our kitchen... Then I wanted to hit the local track here in town on Sunday... Nope - 1/5 on road championships... Off-road track closed.

Point is - it's always something with running on a freakin' track. If it's not those things, it's rain putting the track out of commission for days afterwards... And it's closed anyway half the year.. To get really serious into racing, you pretty much need a camper van to travel all over the freakin' country.. And really, racing is all about set-up, and I just can't care that much about what oil is in my diffs or what degree of this that or whatever I have or whether I have the "in" shock pistons or whatever it is people freakin' talk about in racing forums.. Racing and the mentality that goes with it are the antithesis of what I find cool about RC to be honest.. I'm sure around the world there are people with cool tracks and better weather and the people are great and everything.. But I'm a nitro freak.. What can I say? And if all I can do is run them in parking lots, that's what I'll do... Started breaking in my RB Fire 11 - on an agricultural access road next to the autobahn, last weekend.. And looking forward to hitting the parking lot this weekend.. Whenever I feel like it. Five minutes away. For free.

Old 09-09-2012, 01:07 PM
chonyc77

I think the difference between racers and bashers are simple...<div>
</div><div>Racers tend to have parts on them which are usually the latest technology to rc cars. They tend to be lighter and made of materials that a basher really doesnt care too much for because of the cost to performance ratio they would see when bashing. While these parts would be important to a racer because of there light weight, strength, etc, which in turn would maybe add benefits to there lap times on the track, to the basher it wouldnt make much sense since all they are doing is running around ripping up the parks and jumping here and there.</div><div>
</div><div>I too prefer to bash with so called racers and dont care too much about the added cost since i enjoy seeing the added handling and benefits to having rc's with these higher end parts, even if just ripping up my local park or just cruising around in front of my house.</div><div>
</div><div>Another big difference is that Racers can be bashed but bashers for the most part cant be raced and be competitive with these expensive racer rc's.</div><div>
</div><div>For some the added cost of bashing a racer is just not worth it, in my case even when bashing (never raced) i like to know that my rc has all the benefits from running with these parts that usually come with racers.</div><div>
</div><div>
</div>
Old 09-09-2012, 04:12 PM
The_Shark

ORIGINAL: jayjay283

my associated MGT 8.0 handled the track just fine, over a hour of driving, tons of flips, cart wheels and a couple of lawn-darts and nothing broke or bent, sure it handled like crap, but it cleared the triples just fine and was faster than the buggies in the straight.

but honestly there is nothing like a buggy on moist clay and mini-pins.

that hyper 9 GL I have is godly, I can throw that thing around the track like crazy. I did lawn dart it though, too slow to clear the triple, it hit the peak nose first and stopped it dead in its tracks, drive it over to pit to have a look- NOTHING broke or bent!! had it been a t-maxx or something at that caliber it would be- skidplate, bulkheads, shock tower, shock shafts, bumper or even the chassis.
Old 09-10-2012, 03:21 PM
steed2-inactive

I think it really comes down to a preference, not so much the type of vehicle you want to purchase drive. Calling someone a noob because they dont purchase what YOU think they should is outright arrogant. We all have a common interest here and its the hobby, some of us bash, some of us race, and unfortunately some on here race and think they should dictate what other people purchase. I gave up on this site about 4 months ago, well here I am giving it another shot. I personally really enjoy rcuniverse, but the logic of some people...lol. Friday night I purchased a superclodbuster and a bullhead. Me and my son built the bullhead over the weekend and now we are going to start on the clod. I love monster trucks, ITS MY PREFERENCE, no one ever said they were better racers than a .....race tuggy/buggy. It seems we have lost forcus on whats important...FUN! I love the way a savage is a challenge to drive because it handles like a dumptruck, or the way the tamiya clods bounce around like real mt's, or that a revo brings better handling to the table (not as good as a truggy before someonejumps the gun) while still behaving monster truckish, the way they grab second gear and the front end jumps up, the smile on me and my childrens face's!! One of my favourite things about monster trucks is the mechanics behind them, the fact that they have a transmission, the fact that you can see the driveshafts below the truck like a real monster, the bodies they come with, the stance, just the way they look.

I dont race, never will, but i will never agree that one person should dictate what other people buy because its what they like.
Old 09-10-2012, 03:51 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

ORIGINAL: steed2

I think it really comes down to a preference, not so much the type of vehicle you want to purchase drive. Calling someone a noob because they dont purchase what YOU think they should is outright arrogant. We all have a common interest here and its the hobby, some of us bash, some of us race, and unfortunately some on here race and think they should dictate what other people purchase. I gave up on this site about 4 months ago, well here I am giving it another shot. I personally really enjoy rcuniverse, but the logic of some people...lol. Friday night I purchased a superclodbuster and a bullhead. Me and my son built the bullhead over the weekend and now we are going to start on the clod. I love monster trucks, ITS MY PREFERENCE, no one ever said they were better racers than a .....race tuggy/buggy. It seems we have lost forcus on whats important...FUN! I love the way a savage is a challenge to drive because it handles like a dumptruck, or the way the tamiya clods bounce around like real mt's, or that a revo brings better handling to the table (not as good as a truggy before someonejumps the gun) while still behaving monster truckish, the way they grab second gear and the front end jumps up, the smile on me and my childrens face's!! One of my favourite things about monster trucks is the mechanics behind them, the fact that they have a transmission, the fact that you can see the driveshafts below the truck like a real monster, the bodies they come with, the stance, just the way they look.

I dont race, never will, but i will never agree that one person should dictate what other people buy because its what they like.
Pretty much sums it up what I think on it too

Your reason for leaving is kinda why I don't bother posting no where near as much as I used to either.
Old 09-10-2012, 04:04 PM
JohnP2

I feel this has been a fascinating thread. Let's put this into context, shall we?

I am 8 months into "the hobby", and like most newbies, my interest has been on the bashing side. I want fast, durable vehicles, and for the most part have treated my vehicles just as a racer would. i.e. I DO care about shock oil weight/shock springs. I DO care about servo strength/speed. I DO care about diff oil. I DO care about tires. I DO careabout camber settings.I DO care about keeping my bearings like new, etc.

With all of that,what I care about most is taking my rides out and doing "cool" stuff with. Cool defined asan example:"I want to jump this carup a ramp and over my neighbor's fence."

So with that....if I were to invest in a "racing" vehicle and purchased the <u>HPI Pulse 4.6</u>, can I go to the track and ensure <u>the car not is not liability</u> on the track, AND I can runit around local construction sites, jumping ramps, etc?

Thanks!

Old 09-10-2012, 04:05 PM
steed2-inactive

this is what its about for me

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn35909.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	203.5 KB
ID:	1799988   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yt61491.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	201.9 KB
ID:	1799989  
Old 09-10-2012, 04:13 PM
JohnP2

Very well stated, sir. I, like you, am into this hobby due to the shared interest with my 12-year old son.

Said differently, my wife does not get excited when (example) I tell herI'm putting a new M2Cthree-shoe clutch on my Lost 810....butmy son's first comment was "Awesome! What type springs should we use? I'm thinking .95 mm because......"

Yes, I am a PROUD daddy. ;-)
Old 09-10-2012, 04:32 PM
steed2-inactive

building that truck while my little one asked question after question and the constant smile on his face, what more can a guy ask for? parent to parent, you know what im talking about john. cheers bud.
Old 09-10-2012, 04:33 PM
yakfish
My Feedback: (27)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: JohnP2

Very well stated, sir. I, like you, am into this hobby due to the shared interest with my 12-year old son.

Said differently, my wife does not get excited when (example) I tell her I'm putting a new M2C three-shoe clutch on my Lost 810....but my son's first comment was ''Awesome! What type springs should we use? I'm thinking .95 mm because......''

Yes, I am a PROUD daddy. ;-)

NICE!!!! My 3 1/2 year daughter is still a bit young to get into it that much but she aways asks if we can go outside and race the car!
Old 09-10-2012, 07:02 PM
TheKennyKiller
Banned

I didn't like the way this thread was going but then steed2 came in here and made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.
Old 09-10-2012, 09:09 PM
HerrSavage

I kind of think RCU should be something of a bashers' refuge. Racers can talk about drilling their shock pistons and wax theoretical about 1,000 diff oil changes elsewhere..

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.