Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Larger Fuel Tank for Lanier 540

Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Larger Fuel Tank for Lanier 540

Old 12-30-2001, 04:33 PM
3DRC
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CG

You should always try to mount a large fuel tank on the CG. As the fuel level changes it can have significant effects on your trim otherwise. I think the CG on the Edge is about 1" in front of the tube. THis rig is just a bit to the nose but it should fly fairly true with just that small difference.
Old 01-02-2002, 04:38 PM
sport10

Default Larger Fuel Tank for Lanier 540

I think you will find the OS 1.60 to be a little more stingy on fuel than you expect once it is leaned out for flying. I know it suprised me. I was doubting the 18 ounce in my h9 edge would be enough but it was. I do not like to fly for more than 12 to 15 minutes at a time. I do tend to fly most of the time at half throttle though and use full for vertical maneuverings only.
Old 01-02-2002, 10:15 PM
fishgod
My Feedback: (13)

Default Fuel Tank

I put my tank over the CG. I picked up a flat tank that is ment for a boat. It sits nicely in front of the wing tube. I am running a YS so dont have to worry about the tank being to far away from the engine. I have seen some post on people using a perry regulating pump with the larger 2 strokes and none pummed 4 storkes with great success.

Michael