Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

is the jato junk?

Old 07-12-2005, 11:19 PM
Mr.Extra 260
My Feedback: (11)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: is the jato junk?

most stadium trucks are really strong but the jato is stornger cause it is lighter.
Old 07-13-2005, 12:04 AM
spaks

the jato is a piece of ****!!!!!!
Old 07-13-2005, 12:24 AM
annie_himself

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hey spaks ever driver one? serious question
Old 07-13-2005, 01:57 AM
badz
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: nitroboy01

hey spaks ever driver one? serious question

spaks is a dreamer...he doesn't own a jato nor ever saw one run according to his other bash jato posts but yet he sure has alotta comments about one...I own a xcell,evader and jato the jato beats them all,,,the xcell is trash it breaks easy and is built poorly...even the evader is 100 times better than the xcell.

Jato Rules...Deal with it!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn36955.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	128.4 KB
ID:	296738  
Old 07-13-2005, 11:18 AM
davi

ORIGINAL: mikmaxx

Heres your anser. I own a jato the thing is increadible i dont care what any body says the truck is the fastest thing on the planet and has increadible handling not to mention its unbreakable.
most modified cars are faster, schumachers are faster, 1/8 road cars are generally faster, loads of mini-t's are faster, loads of buggys are faster, damn most things are honestly

ORIGINAL: mikmaxx

most stadium trucks are really strong but the jato is stornger cause it is lighter.
sorry but lighter doesnt mean stronger it means there is less weight to hit the ground, weight lost by probably milling out arms and things more making them weaker

Old 07-13-2005, 12:12 PM
spaks

when i see anything that has the traxxas name on it i look at it and see a big pile of dog **** hahaqhahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahaha XTM FOR LIFE I HAVE ENOUGH MONEY IN MY XCELLERATOR TO BUY 3 JATOS SO IF I WANTED ONE I COULDA BOUGHT IT BECAUSE UNLIKE SOME OF YOU LITTLE KIDS HERE I HAVE A JOB AND I DONT HAVE TO RELY ON MOMMY OR DADDY TO BUY MY TRUCKS OR SIT AROUND ALL YEAR AND WAIT FOR CHRISTMAS....OR YOUR BIRTHDAY
Old 07-13-2005, 12:17 PM
Jamxx

Wow. Never thought I'd see such a completely idiotic thing. []

Anyways, I just wanted to comment on Badz's body. It's very nice! Did you paint that yourself, or is that logo on the hood a sticker or something? From what I can see, it looks like airbrush, but I can't be sure.

Also, my LHS says that when they got their Jato's in a long time ago, they sold really well and had very, very few complaints. I thought about buying one myself, but I have so many Traxxas cars that I figured I'd try out some other company.
Old 07-13-2005, 01:10 PM
tommythecat
My Feedback: (2)

ORIGINAL: spaks

when i see anything that has the traxxas name on it i look at it and see a big pile of dog **** hahaqhahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahaha XTM FOR LIFE I HAVE ENOUGH MONEY IN MY XCELLERATOR TO BUY 3 JATOS SO IF I WANTED ONE I COULDA BOUGHT IT BECAUSE UNLIKE SOME OF YOU LITTLE KIDS HERE I HAVE A JOB AND I DONT HAVE TO RELY ON MOMMY OR DADDY TO BUY MY TRUCKS OR SIT AROUND ALL YEAR AND WAIT FOR CHRISTMAS....OR YOUR BIRTHDAY
so sad [&o]
Old 07-13-2005, 02:45 PM
derekxec

its no XTM X-Cellerator but its ok i guess
Old 07-13-2005, 02:45 PM
annie_himself

ok who in here who dosent have a job like me but still manages to get over $300 in hop ups and replacemants just about everybody i dont have a job except workin w/ my dad on and off and but thats not a steady job
Old 07-13-2005, 02:46 PM
annie_himself

i bet u work at a p0rn0 shop
Old 07-13-2005, 02:51 PM
derekxec

ORIGINAL: tommythecat

I have yet to hear anyone who actually owns one say they are junk. I've seen lots of traxxas bashers saying so, but when pressed they have all admitted to never having driven one. No matter what traxxas puts out, there will always be a bunch of moronic idiots who feel the need to bash it even before having any first hand experience with it at all. Gotta love morons.

that seems to be the case with XTM here also everyone says they suck yet 90% of the people saying they suck have never owned or used one
Old 07-13-2005, 02:51 PM
petan13

Anyone can degrade a car without really getting their hands-on experiance with it, thats simple. Any moron can do it. Yesterday my freind and I were running Our cars in front of his apartment, just doing high speed runs and speedbump jumps. He has an xtm x-terminator and I own a jato. Now both these car are not street worthy to say the least, regardless of what tire combination you choose. But both have their strong points. the xtm is one of the fastest buggies out their w/ that .247 motor and there is a 2-speed trans. available for it which would probly make it a tad bit faster than the jato. The jato (out of the box ) is a speed demon. As far as the reliability of the jato I say it's A+. That X-terminator weighs about 8lbs and ran over my jato at high speed a couple times and drove off with only some scrathes on the lid. I also ran into a stop sign 2x ... nothing. So until you drive a car and have any level of driving skill. These threads remain the blabbering cries of a lesser person saying " my toy is better than your toy".
Old 07-13-2005, 03:32 PM
Tricksligger

Huh, I would think if your such a grown ass man with a job and can afford to buy your own stuff youd be a little more mature. Guess i was wrong. Just goes to show you can take the stupid punk out of mommys house, but you cant take the stupid punk out of the....Stupid punk.

Do you have any idea how idiotic you just made yourself look. I dont think you do. Grow up man. Remember real men dont flex nuts cause real men know they got 'em.

i bet u work at a p0rn0 shop
That goes for you too. GROW UP!!!
Old 07-13-2005, 03:51 PM
annie_himself

im 13
Old 07-13-2005, 04:03 PM
Tricksligger

im 13
Its never too early to start growing up. There are alot of 13-15 year olds on these forums that are very mature and respectful.
Old 07-13-2005, 04:08 PM
cuppincakes5

im 15 and i have a job and i pay for my own rc stuff. so **** you spaks
Old 07-13-2005, 04:59 PM
badz

Maybe you should take the money you saved from not buying a Jato and use it for more education cause you really need it. Also spaky boy your XTM looks like it's never left the house so how tough is it? Let's see it with some mud and dirt on it not all polished up like a show toy...of course if you want something to sit and stare at you'd buy the cheapest one, but some of us actually use our st's.

btw spraky boy nice job of stealing someone else's xcell pics

When we going to REALLY see yours.
Old 07-13-2005, 05:50 PM
Tricksligger

ORIGINAL: badz

. Also spaky boy your XTM looks like it's never left the house so how tough is it? Let's see it with some mud and dirt on it not all polished up like a show toy...of course if you want something to sit and stare at you'd buy the cheapest one, but some of us actually use our st's.

Not fair, low blow. My Jato always looks like a shelf queen and I bash it a gallon a months worth. I clean it and take good care of it so its only dirt for about 1/2 hour after running then its shiny like new again. So just because it looks good doesnt mean you dont bash it.
Old 07-13-2005, 05:59 PM
derekxec

ORIGINAL: badz

Maybe you should take the money you saved from not buying a Jato and use it for more education cause you really need it..
You should do the same. I think you need an english class!
Old 07-13-2005, 07:06 PM
EdsWords

This thread is like a car wreck, I didnt want to look, but I can't help myself.

Can't you Jato fans figure out that some guys are posting idiotic things just to get you mad and intentionally start arguments that nobody can win? Its not right, but its just the normal backlash you have to expect to the almost daily new thread about how the Jato is the best (or worst) RC vehicle ever.

Heres my suggestion for the Jato crowd. I think I saw an official Jato thread. Just use that thread 90% of the time for your Jato specific topics. Pretty soon, you will have about a dozen people posting there with good tips and suggestions. Eventually you can ignore threads like this one because, well, whats the point?

But, if somebody goes into your official thread and starts trouble, let them have it!
Old 07-13-2005, 07:28 PM
badz

Yeah those are XXX Main Internal Graphics I got off Tower...[link=http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXEGD5&P=7]XXX Main Graphics[/link] and yes it's airbrushed...metalflake gold base coat then bright yellow front to candy green mid section faded into a pearl blue rear section top coated with silver...was actually pretty simple and looks good I'm amazed it came out so well was the first time I tried fading paints.
Old 07-13-2005, 08:35 PM
InfinitySpeed04

Hey man Im 13 and I make at least $1000 a year not from my mommy and daddy. So kiss @$$. So many people here think that just because were kids we dont know anything about rc, well guess what, we do. I got into rc maybe a year ago and I know tons about rc. Mostly from this website. So lets just disregard age in here and talk about the Jato.
Old 07-13-2005, 09:42 PM
badz

ORIGINAL: InfinitySpeed04

Hey man Im 13 and I make at least $1000 a year not from my mommy and daddy. So kiss @$$. So many people here think that just because were kids we dont know anything about rc, well guess what, we do. I got into rc maybe a year ago and I know tons about rc. Mostly from this website. So lets just disregard age in here and talk about the Jato.

LOL you gotta be kidding....is this post of yours a joke or what, your age has nothing to do with how much money you got it has to do with maturity, something some of you kiddies don't have. You bash a RC you don't even got and if you did respect the hobby as you say you'd respect the fact that traxxas r&d did such a great job developing the Jato. I also can tell you this...you kiddies bashing the Jato aren't very smart....how many problems with it are on these forums? I see very few other than some kid who turns his shocks so tight he breaks shock towers cause he's clueless on suspension tuning, yet for XTM XCell and Evader there is hundreds of problem post.....so which is better? I'd say the trouble post prove that fact that the Jato is far more superior. I'm done posting to anymore Jato post matter a fact I'll just report every Jato bash post anymore since all they are is created by little punks who are JEALOUS of Jato owners.
Old 07-13-2005, 10:01 PM
SkrapIron

Geemeny Christmas, Guys! It's like a Jato Jihad in here!

Is the Jato Fast? Yes. Is it as fast as Traxxas claims? Not even close.

My father-in-law sold his Revo to his younger brother, and bought the first Jato that his LHS put on the shelf. He's been running nitro engines since the late 60's. If anyone can tune an engine, it's him.

Flat out, his Jato cannot exceed 46mph ( GPS measured ). No matter how he tunes it ( running Traxxas Top-Fuel 20% nitro ).

Side by side, An HPI RS4 18ss is nearly as fast as the vaunted Jato ( 44mph, gps measured ).

Now the sad part.............

I raced my Father-in-law ( Jato ) , My Brother-in-law ( HPI 18ss ) and my neighbour ( HPI Rush Evo) with my RC10B4, with a brushless Feigao 6s motor and a 7 cell battery pack.

The course was a 200foot, open parkinglot. We used the nearest parking stall lines as the starting line, and the farthest as the turn around. Our race was 3 laps.

My Electric RC10B4 smoked all 3 nitro's. The RS4 18ss came in second, followed closely by the Jato. The Evo Stalled out on lap two and couldn't complete the race.

The lesson here? For all the hype, a Jato is a descent truck, but no where near what they advertised....

( and my Brushless B4 is still faster! )

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.