Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic
Reload this Page >

QQ 120" YAK--price announced...

Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

QQ 120" YAK--price announced...

Old 04-10-2007, 03:05 PM
Mokken
My Feedback: (63)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: QQ 120" YAK--price announced...

ORIGINAL: JohnVH

Ofcourse I do, its my baby! Been a about 3yrs now I think. Gotta get practiced up for a demo at a local airport Yes, she looks pretty new yet.

I rest my case.

Old 04-10-2007, 03:06 PM
exeter_acres
My Feedback: (2)

ORIGINAL: krayzc-RCU

The take off the blindfold to see which one won.

Wow...you fly with a blindfold... now that IS impressive....

Heck.... maybe at this years IMAC events I'll try that... I suppose anything can help..
Old 04-10-2007, 03:13 PM
JohnVH
My Feedback: (38)

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Although I love my comparf over my wood planes, in the wood planes defense, I think that ease of repair and price are in their favor, but Im spoiled by not having to reshrink covering or reseal it down...

FWIW, a 120"ws plane at 42.5lbs? eeeek! Thats what my 132"ws plane weighs..
Old 04-10-2007, 03:13 PM
krayzc-RCU
My Feedback: (31)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

JohnVH
She is so pretty what kit is this?
Old 04-10-2007, 03:16 PM
JohnVH
My Feedback: (38)

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Hi, thats the Composite-ARF 3.3m Yak 55sp, flies amazingly light, and with my DA150 has plenty of power.

Old 04-10-2007, 03:21 PM
Mokken

JohnVH
She is so pretty what kit is this?
krayzc-RCU!!!

I can't believe you asked that....haha

I guess that's where you get the name krayzc!!!

And it's an ARF!!!
Old 04-10-2007, 03:59 PM
krayzc-RCU

Mokken
yeah the boys tell me u never know what i might say or he just comes with it I need to look at these and the carden for my next ride..... should i ask what is that writting on the wing says????

I need that heading i see on one of the RCurrrr i am not getting anymore planes

That is one pretty bird + he choose the good colors that i like[8D]
Old 04-10-2007, 04:03 PM
Mokken

Mokken
yeah the boys tell me u never know what i might say or he just comes with it I need to look at these and the carden for my next ride..... should i ask what is that writting on the wing says????

I need that heading i see on one of the RCurrrr i am not getting anymore planes

That is one pretty bird + he choose the good colors that i like[8D]
Get a composite-arf

composite-arf.com

If you buy a Carden, they are a box of sticks and foam. To look good you either A. Have to be a good builder yourself or B. Pay someone a lot of money to build them.

Again.. composite-arf.com I've owned one and will again one day....
Old 04-10-2007, 04:13 PM
krayzc-RCU

Get a composite-arf

composite-arf.com
good builder i am not somehow i always get rushed toward the end
Old 04-10-2007, 04:19 PM
dubd

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am considering the QQ Yak or 100cc Python, but am I torn because the experience I has putting together his 85" Yak for a friend. The fit and finish was terrible. The wings did not align, foam everywhere (which QQ says he fixed with "foam-free technology"), and the limited hardware that came with it was junk.

I second SD-Model's poor service. I've been trying to get a new canopy hatch for my 35% Yak for well over 3 months. I've since sold the plane and now fly a Aeroworks 35% 260. Better quality and service.
Old 04-10-2007, 04:23 PM
krayzc-RCU

I am considering the QQ Yak or 100cc Python
how do u sound?
Old 04-10-2007, 06:35 PM
randy racer
My Feedback: (3)

i think the 85" QQ yaks and the gen I 102" had some trouble but the two genII 102's i have build went together very well and fly great. also i have had no trouble with the foam, i really don't know what some are gripping about. i think some people just like to type on the forums if they have anything to say or not.

randy
Old 04-10-2007, 11:36 PM
dubd

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

krayzc-RCU, what are you saying?

randy, i am not posting just to post, so i'd appreciate you not making assumptions. the bottom line on the 85% yak for me and my friend is that the foam had to be trimmed, cut, and in the case of the canopy screw area, beefed up because the screws were compressing the fuse.

ultimately the yak flies really nice and light. even better than my 35% SD-Model Yak IMO.
Old 04-11-2007, 06:35 AM
randy racer

i did not mean to offend you, but i have read other post with people being afraid of foam. on the Gen II the canopy bolts don't compress anything, i think the canopy mount area was one of the things that was changed with the Gen II and the 86".

randy
Old 04-17-2007, 10:02 AM
Maudib
My Feedback: (51)

Bottom line is, we all have choices... if you don't want to pay the price QQ has on his 120" Yak... well.. don't... buy somethign else. Half the people posting on this thread have never had a 40% plane and probably never will... (I'm one)

Seems everyone needs some justification for buying or NOT buying something... why? Why is it we feel the need to get someone to affirm our decisions?

This particular plane isn't a mass market "keep up with the jones" offering... and guys won't be buying it to get a bigger plane than Joe Schmoe has... (O.K. so a few ego-maniacs will)

Serious pilots will buy this airplane for one reason and one reason only, trust in the designer to deliver perfomance for competition. It's as simple as that.

A few recreationists will buy it because they would like to know they are flying a proven design from one of the top winning pilots of all time. They aren't buying a 40% aircraft... they are buying a Quique Somenzini design... some won't find any value in that... some will.

Old 04-17-2007, 11:15 AM
Maudib

I should also mention that the pricing on the 120" IS being revisited... they have changed the price to: TBD until they can sharpen their pencils, confirm freight/shipping costs, etc...

I expect we'll see some price drop...

So I personally am curious... for all those "tire kickers" out there... what do YOU feel is the correct price for this aircraft?
Old 05-23-2007, 12:53 AM
kochj

If you look at what you get (look at the list) I do't think that his flag ship plane will have junk hardware, It will go for what is worth.

He will tally up what things cost qq INC. and look at competitors prices, and then come up with a competative price that will be resonably afforable to the average IMAC competitor.

I am sure that will all the aircrafts he is releasing he is looking at what type of sales his other planes are doing and what profit they are bringing in. If he feels that he can stand to have a plane that is near marginal on profit, meanwhile having other planes that are high in profit, he will be able to possibly make this plane very affordable.

The price will be relative top end in his ever so smaller wignspan qq yak 54 line up..... After all, you can't pay the custodial 100$ a hour and pay the CEO 25 and hour?
The 120" yak 54 will be priced double what the yak 102" is........

2000.00$

Justin

Old 05-23-2007, 01:08 AM
kochj

Brand choice of planes or anything else for that matter is an emotional responce to what works for you or what does'nt.
Heck someone may have a particular brand that they really do not like, but becasue they own a product from that company, they will defend it's position.
Why could the rockerfeller imposter move around and sucker the stars out of their money and then they would never go to the police about it? Pride and shame!
2-very powerfull fellings that are imvolved in brand loyalty............

Just buy what you like, and let all the others do the same. Quit *****ing about a product that you ether , secretly would like to have or would never want. There will be plenty of other persons out there will will make up there own minds to what they feel is a good product or a particular plane, and wether or not they will purchase it. Regardless what the price will be. Everyone has there limits to what they will spend on something. When it is reached by some, others will just dig deeper in there wallets for what they want.

If you feel that a Carden or what ever else is a better plane, Go and Build it and fly the crap out of it.
I will cont to looks at one of the 40% planes, buy one and fly the crap out of it. Or I might forget all that and get a CompArf tucano and put in a turbo prop and do something totally different.. spice of life my friends!!
I think that is one in the same, Isn't it?

I was surprised to hear neg comments about the qq yaks though. I had read on the forums that his new 50cc yak flies better than some 40% cardens??? true? not sure never flown either....

I am flat out like a lizard drinking! Cheers to all you odd ball euro guys

Justin
Old 05-23-2007, 04:57 PM
bodywerks
My Feedback: (4)

Received 60 Likes on 55 Posts

ORIGINAL: Maudib

I should also mention that the pricing on the 120" IS being revisited... they have changed the price to: TBD until they can sharpen their pencils, confirm freight/shipping costs, etc...

I expect we'll see some price drop...

So I personally am curious... for all those "tire kickers" out there... what do YOU feel is the correct price for this aircraft?
Well, given the features of the Aeroworks 42% QB, its quality, its flight performance, and that its price is the highest I know of for a wood 150cc ARF, but includes 100% of the required hardware (all very usable) and then some, and has higer quality CF tubes and tailwheel, IMO, I can't see the QQ being worth more than what they charge, which is $1895. I know his comes with wingbags and a canopy cover, but that would make up for its lack of completion and other hardware, compared to the QB. Just a thought...anything above that and you are just paying more because you think the higher price, or the QQ name will make you a better pilot.
Old 05-23-2007, 06:33 PM
Maudib

Or the design is better...

Don't forget the titanium pushrods, titanium axles, carbon fiber gear and wingbags... $250+ in aftermarket value there...

There's also 200 more sq in of wing area.

Then there's the new scheme too... the Mark Leesburg Scheme:

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Us55103.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	105.3 KB
ID:	690226   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bw71877.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	104.4 KB
ID:	690227  
Old 05-23-2007, 06:43 PM
Maudib

I should add that my comments in no way are meant to demaen the AW Extra 260... it looks to bE a fine offering at $1900...

If it's ONLY about price... then you could say "How in the world can AW sell a 122" plane for $1900 when WildHare sells one for $1295? What makes the AW worth $600 more? ANd those two are closer (noth Extras) than they are to this design.

So all in all... there are differences that add up to value... some will be able to justify it... some won't... just as some cannot justify building a 42% aircraft over a 35%... 120" vs 107"....

Old 05-24-2007, 01:50 PM
bodywerks
My Feedback: (4)

Received 60 Likes on 55 Posts

If it's ONLY about price... then you could say "How in the world can AW sell a 122" plane for $1900 when WildHare sells one for $1295? What makes the AW worth $600 more? And those two are closer (both Extras) than they are to this design.
Honestly, I think that the AWX price is a tad high. But in comparison to the WH, the CF tubes are higher quality (IMO), it comes with a high quality CF tailwheel, and all the other QB features above and beyond the prehinged WH parts. Also, If I remember correctly, the WH doesn't include ALL the hardware, whereas the QB does. You have to admit that most 40%ish planes out there today fly pretty darn good - is is really possible for the QQ to fly and be built$1,000 better than a WH or Jtec, or $400 better than a QB? Just throwing that out there...
Old 05-24-2007, 02:10 PM
Maudib

You make very good points to be sure... and I suppose only time will tell...

Again... stay tuned as the price IS being revisited... so perhaps the price difference might be more easily justified for you... maybe not.

Still... I predict that this design will be highly sought after... based on some of the feedback I am hearing.

Again... only time will tell.
Old 05-24-2007, 06:13 PM
randy racer

Maudib, we don't want everyone flying a QQ yak at the fly-ins and contest you know. we need a advantage every chance we get.

i am building a wild hare 41% extra now and i must say it looks good and everyone seems to like the way they fly. after i get it going i plan to start on a QQ 120 when they are available. it may take awhile but i will keep you guys posted.

randy racer
Old 05-24-2007, 06:51 PM
kochj

I thought he was a dalton extra man??

ORIGINAL: Maudi

Then there's the new scheme too... the Mark Leesburg Scheme:

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.