Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic
Reload this Page >

H9 1/3 scale Sukhoi Pull Pull setups

Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

H9 1/3 scale Sukhoi Pull Pull setups

Old 05-22-2003, 09:42 PM
bpu699
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default H9 1/3 scale Sukhoi Pull Pull setups

john, so whats the secret of your "setup." I placed all my gear 6-8 inches apart to avoid interpherence, but if you folks are flying your much more $$$$ planes with the gear that close I might want to try it....

Does anyone run the reciever pack closer to the ignition than 8 inches with success? Or is it just servos that can be placed this close?
Old 05-22-2003, 09:46 PM
JohnVH
My Feedback: (38)

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

No secret, I just put the servo's where I wanted them. The only way your really going to know if your setup is good is by a range check.

Avoid metal to metal. My plane a a bunch of things that people say are bad, and its on 35 flights and never had one hit yet.

I also have a whip antenna in the fuse pointing back.
Old 05-22-2003, 10:38 PM
3dd
My Feedback: (6)

be really carful with hanger 9 pro link setup i put seven on my sukoi and two of them failed in just the running range check on the ground before i could even fly it .i took all of them off and trowed them in a drawer and bought rovket city links and never had a problem since. and horizon hobbies wouldn't even answer my e mails about the junk product
Old 05-22-2003, 11:47 PM
jelaird

Default Fiber Optics Do It Without Interference

If you look at the bulkhead in my pics, you will see 2 fiber-optic extension modules coated with yellow shrink wrap and attached with black velcro. These send the choke/throttle signals via the black "light pipes" you see going through the bulkhead brace back to 2 receiving modules near the rcx at mid-fuse. The power and ground for the choke and throttle servos are supplied by the ignition pack. So, in no way will I get ignition interference back to the rcx. Roger Forgues at Aerografix makes them, he did my standoffs and throttle arm extension too.
Old 05-22-2003, 11:56 PM
JohnVH
My Feedback: (38)

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Mine are all connected right to the RX. Works fine.

3dd, what are you talking about? the links from the servo's to the surfaces? Mine are working great and are strong enough to handle a TON of control throw!!
Old 05-23-2003, 12:24 AM
jelaird

Default Falkon is OK

I think we (ZDZ owners) are pretty safe with the Falkon ignition, it has a good reputation and the spark plug wire is shielded right up to the plug. Some ignitions have worst reputations if you read up here in RCU. PCM doesn't even matter sometimes.
Old 05-23-2003, 01:51 AM
JRozman-delete
My Feedback: (2)

Default Extentions

Jack, I also have the same fiber-optic extensions from Roger. My question is, how did you wire the power wires into the battery line? I am trying to get ideas. Got any close up pics?

Thanks,

Jess
Old 05-23-2003, 11:47 AM
jelaird

Default Power Wires

I found a little circuit board made for wiring up small projects in some Radio Shack junk from years past. I saw some buss lines with plated thru-holes so I sawed out a small piece with 4 holes ganged for positive and 4 holes ganged for neg. I soldered in my wires in this arangement and potted the whole thing in 5 minute epoxy. I'll shoot you a picture this evening. It came out real nice to where I could unplug my servos and ignition if needed. I hate just twisting a bunch of wires together and soldering the mess.
Old 05-25-2003, 09:53 PM
Todd L.
My Feedback: (9)

well today I balanced my plane, and I was suprised to find that my plane balaced out at 3/4 behind the center of the wing tube!! I think the slimline smoke pump up front helped out. I still have to do pull pull on it.
Old 05-27-2003, 03:06 PM
xp8103
My Feedback: (16)

Hmmmm...... I LIKE the choke servo setup. My throttle and choke servos operate their respective controls with nyrod. But the throttle servo is right next to the ignition module with no problems so far.