Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Vmar Arf's

Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Vmar Arf's

Old 04-16-2007, 05:30 AM
LDM
My Feedback: (15)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Vmar Arf's

jeff , I understand I have some friends on RCU from your area , its a shame you cant get a good local distributor that would buy in volume so you guys into RC over there would have a choice .
We have a tremendous choice over in the states and I think that the ARf market has really evolved into phase three --that is defined by me as "better then built " . You will pay more but I cant see building a plane equal to a KMP for the money .
On the lines of V-mar , they are just so far behine -H9 , Top Flight , ceremark , ect when it comes to ARFs . Even the new CMPs , require work but the fiberglass fues ect are lightweight and easy to work with .
I did some seriuos research on the V-mar prop jets and I received comments weight (way to heavy ) to weak landing gear , poor enginering , heavy wood , poor enginering as far as suggested plan for radio gear instalation ect .
Good luck with the hobby
Old 04-16-2007, 05:45 AM
JEFFHINES73

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah wish I had some bucks to import a few nice kits from over there as they would sell Like hot cakes . I know alot of guys here who would love to have a nice prop jet but as Vmar is the only thing going over here that i know of wish the importers would get there act together over here and get some good stuff in but they love the china planes over here . i love my ARFs as I work up to 60 hours a week witch leaves me very little time to build (( topflight P-51 going on a year to build and still not built )) but untill they pull there heads out of the sand we are going to have to put up with what he brings in and im hoping one of his boys are reading this sorry to ramble on
Old 04-16-2007, 06:27 AM
CrocEnd

Living up the Top End it is the same
VMar are poor wood poor glue ect ect.
I have just about done PC-9 I change this change that but do automatic with all vmar arf's
strengthen this that the other. they all fly well
I have built enough plans in my time with VMar its the same beef it up.
The reason for the PC-9 is it is heavy and fly's well in windy weather. I got second in club aero
comp., with a borrowed one at that, last comp.you would'nt believe what I beat and who.....
(the cowl fit is pi$$ poor)The dry season comp's begin The wind is from the east for the next 4 mounths 15 nots.
Old 04-16-2007, 06:40 AM
CrocEnd

Any way I want a KMP TigerCat in Ossie (Yeh right)
Old 08-10-2007, 11:15 PM
jlugardo
My Feedback: (-1)

Default RE: VMAR T-34

If you are looking for a very well built airplane t-34, buy Hangar 9. I had the VMAR t-34, and although initially looks good, its a matter of leaving it under the sun for 30 minutes before the coating start to wrinkle like a raisin. The wood is extreamly inferior from Malasia and the hardware,forget it, We ALL know that that is the 1st thing you have to replace before you fly the airplane to the ground. It is the cheapest plastic ever. Indeed I t breaks on your hand. Cowling often break as well. Oh and the worst is cusomer service. They thing that they are doing you a big favor to sell you their products. Now that is real cheap. Now, if you are looking to have good airlpanes for the money go to Nitroplanes.com.I bought and Bobcat there for $130 and it is fantastic with fiberglass fuselage.
So remeber what they say about cheap stuff, you buy junk.VMAR sucks.
Old 08-14-2007, 04:00 PM
JS615

Hey Jlugardo
Are you kidding,,,,????? (good airplanes for the money,,,NITROPLANES.COM)!!! How many planes have you bought from nitroplanes??? I got their evergreen 60size version of the maria p51,,, What a steamy pile of crap!!!! Then made the mistake of buying a 60size hellcat from them, the fiberglass fuse would twist and flutter in flight, and it finially blew apart in flight!!! Im not saying the guys at nitro planes are bad,, im just saying that some of the planes they carry are! like CMP, I have seen some cmp planes that are not bad, but if you put a vmar and a cmp plane in front of me and said pick one, I would take the vmar!
But if you want to spend some extra money and get top of the line buy hanger 9,,, world model!
Old 08-15-2007, 12:43 AM
kneewhack

I have to chime in here having built and flown several VMAR arf's. You get what you pay for! I most recently assembled the 45- 60 Beaver. The covering while looking good from 10 feet away is not applied very well and does not line up with window openings - cowling etc. Hardware is junk as expected. It flies ok with a Magnum.52 2 stroke. I put on a set of VMAR floats and while it looks good this caused the flight characteristics to go to hell in a hurry. I cannot get them far enough forward, and they seem too small for the plane. The spreader bars on he floats caused way too much drag and the thing could barely get off the water. I modified them and moved the float mounts to where it is acceptable off the water now, but is not my favorite plane on floats. For the price it can not be beat - just don't expect too much. Many of their other I have had flew well and the GMS engine is a screamer!

Mike
Anchorage
Old 08-15-2007, 08:46 AM
JS615

I have all their propjets except the f18, and they are tops for the money! i also have several of their other planes and they are very good for what i paid for them,,, I think that the aero subaru they offer is a great little plane for $129, it flys great, its one of my favorite rc planes... VMAR has came along way in the past few years! But like alot of guys on here say,, YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR!
you want the best then go pay top $$$$$$$$$$$$.. You want low cost then expect to do alittle extra work getting the plane set up right!!! And sometimes you dont have to do anything, its ok from the box... Dont forget where these planes are made!!! Even though they have state of the art factorys in vietnam and china, they push these things out like popcorn in a theater.. And we americans eat them up quick!
Old 10-17-2007, 10:02 AM
MAJOR SPLAT

Hi I have just aquirred the VMAR A4 skyhawk do you have one of these, I have not seen many comments on this model is that a good omen!?

I am having trouble getting any good info regarding flight set ups any alterations that are required to this model prior to flying etc any offers?
I am personally quite happy to make a model fit my requirements if the "i want one factor is there in the 1st place)
I am very interested in power options/engine size used C of G postions and undercarridge mods as I have heard there might be an issue here I am using the fixed under cart until test flow then will change it if all goes well.

Thanks mick
Old 10-17-2007, 03:50 PM
JS615

Hey mick

The a4 skyhawk is a nice little plane, i had a .52 2 stroke on it and it flew just fine, untill a mid air strike with another plane i was dog fighting with one afternoon at the rc field,,, i will get another one soon,, as far as the CG, line it up right behind the pilot,,,, just make sure it is a little nose heavy for your first flight, You do not want to fly this plane tail heavy at all, and i mean not even a tiny bit!!!
also go by the book on the control throws and make sure you do not input to much elevator in the turns for your first few flights until you get use to how it flys. this plane has a habit of snaping real hard and going into a uncontrolable spin when you take a turn real tight... just make sure you set the elevator at low rates, its a jittery little rascal, but overall not a bad little plane, and it looks pretty good to...
Old 10-18-2007, 01:32 PM
MAJOR SPLAT

Thanks mate I have an ASP 91 2 stroke that Has a sixty size size case do you think I might be pushing it a little to far fitting this! was the undercart ok on your model.
Old 11-06-2007, 01:35 PM
JS615

major splat

Thats to much engine for that little plane,, go with a .50 size only,,, s far as the undercarrage, landing gear area,, i would beef it up alittle bit, just brush on alittle epoxy inside the wing area around the landing gear blocks
Old 11-08-2007, 05:37 PM
MAJOR SPLAT

ORIGINAL: JS615

major splat

Thats to much engine for that little plane,, go with a .50 size only,,, s far as the undercarrage, landing gear area,, i would beef it up alittle bit, just brush on alittle epoxy inside the wing area around the landing gear blocks
JS615

Thanks for the info I think I will put the OS 55 AX in it then the 91 was just a thought.
I will also go with the epoxy as It looks real weak in there to me.

I have already placed a fibreglass weave aroud the undercart blocks to stop the wood grain from splitting as it seems very weak in the block area and it appears it would split very easy.
Thanks again,hope to get her ready to go prior to the holidays if outside commitments allow

Major Splat
Old 11-20-2007, 06:28 PM
MAJOR SPLAT

Js615

My VMAR A4 Skyhawk is ready to go !
Can I just confim that you had the C of G right behind the pilot, as the measurment in the book puts it just behind the back of the canopy?

The stated postion looks rearward to me so I will bow to greater knowledge ie you've flown yours! But I just want to make sure I have understood correctly and you did not mean behind canopy instead of behind the pilot

Cheers
mick.