Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Rock Crawlers
Reload this Page >

Rckcrwlr's RC4WD Trail Finder 2

Notices
RC Rock Crawlers The official rock crawling forum right here on RCU. Rock Crawler Trucks Rule!

Rckcrwlr's RC4WD Trail Finder 2

Old 01-26-2012, 05:38 AM
rckcrwlr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rckcrwlr's RC4WD Trail Finder 2

Click image for larger version

Name:	NewRC4WDlogo2.jpg
Views:	265
Size:	118.1 KB
ID:	2236649<div></div><div>Click image for larger version

Name:	TF2_Icon_Logo_Wht-1.png
Views:	255
Size:	25.8 KB
ID:	2236650</div><div></div><div></div><div></div><div></div><div>Decided to do a little different build with the new RC4WD Trail Finder 2. Watch as a build the New TF2 Kit. Here is the Webcam build of my Trail Finder 2...</div><div></div><div>Rckcrwlr's RC4WD Trail Finder 2 Webcam Build - Chassis (Part 1 of 10)</div><div></div><div>Rckcrwlr's RC4WD Trail Finder 2 Webcam Build - Chassis (Part 2 of 10)</div><div></div><div>Rckcrwlr's RC4WD Trail Finder 2 Webcam Build - Chassis (Part 3 of 10)</div><div></div><div>Rckcrwlr's RC4WD Trail Finder 2 Webcam Build - Drivetrain (Part 4 of 10)</div><div></div><div>Rckcrwlr's RC4WD Trail Finder 2 Webcam Build - Suspension/Axles (Part 5 of 10)</div><div></div><div>Rckcrwlr's RC4WD Trail Finder 2 Webcam Build - Shocks (Part 6 of 10)</div><div></div><div>Rckcrwlr's RC4WD Trail Finder 2 Webcam Build - New R3 Transmission (Part 7 of 10)</div><div></div><div>Rckcrwlr's RC4WD Trail Finder 2 Webcam Build - Steering/Electronics (Part 8 of 10)</div><div></div><div>Rckcrwlr's RC4WD Trail Finder 2 Webcam Build - Bumpers/Wheels/Tires (Part 9 of 10)</div><div></div><div>Rckcrwlr's RC4WD Trail Finder 2 Webcam Build - Mojave Body (Part 10 of 10)</div>
Old 01-26-2012, 11:52 AM
rckcrwlr

Default RE: Rckcrwlr's RC4WD Trail Finder 2

INAUGURAL RUN
Old 01-27-2012, 10:08 AM
rckcrwlr

<div>I wanted to show everyone the new Bench Seat for the TF2.</div><div></div><div></div><div></div><div>Here it is out of the bag. Nice detail. There is a hump in it for the shift servo arm but is really not noticeable when installed.</div><div></div><div></div><div></div><div>It mounts where the upper screws are that hold the cab to the body.</div><div></div><div></div><div></div><div>I grabbed a 3mmx16mm screw but could have got away with a 12 or 10mm.</div><div></div><div></div><div></div><div></div><div></div><div>As you can see, it is sticking out a little too far for me. I will change it later, didn't have any convenient.</div><div></div><div></div><div>Here it is installed (view from underneath)</div><div></div><div></div><div>How's this for Ultimate Scale?</div><div></div><div></div><div></div>If you want to finish the whole interior, I would put a floor in and a stick shift and you are good to go.
Old 01-27-2012, 06:55 PM
rckcrwlr

So I dug around and found some Scale Aisin/Yota Style Hubs and the Scale Rear Hubs<div></div><div></div><div></div><div></div><div></div><div>Also grabbed some Hilux Stripes to make it look stock. I am going with white. </div><div></div><div></div>
Old 01-27-2012, 07:56 PM
oldbugs
My Feedback: (16)

Awesome! love the scale locking hubs!  Kelly
Old 01-28-2012, 04:33 AM
rckcrwlr

Thanks...they really do make the look
Old 01-28-2012, 12:00 PM
rckcrwlr

<div>I'm not that great at fabbing so I add details.</div><div></div><div>Here is what I did today...</div><div></div><div></div><div></div><div></div><div></div><div></div><div></div>
Old 01-28-2012, 09:02 PM
t9dragon
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That is a gorgeous Toyota...
Old 01-29-2012, 12:33 AM
Jado 6
My Feedback: (1)

Shoulda left the wheels all white. Looks cheezy in 10th scale, could you imagine it 1:1!?!? Badass rig otherwise.
Old 01-29-2012, 02:51 AM
rckcrwlr

<div style="padding-top: 5px; padding-right: 5px; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-left: 5px; margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; ">
ORIGINAL: t9dragon

That is a gorgeous Toyota...
</div>
Thanks

ORIGINAL: Jado 6

Shoulda left the wheels all white. Looks cheezy in 10th scale, could you imagine it 1:1!?!? Badass rig otherwise.
I'm getting mixed responses on the wheels. Just wanted to do something different.
<br type="_moz" />
Old 01-29-2012, 12:13 PM
Jado 6
My Feedback: (1)

I getcha dude. I always remember what my pop told me many moons ago. I was lusting after a 73 dodge dart(??), complete with a slant 6. He said-Son, dont confuse rare or different, with cool or valuable, Sometimes, they're the same, most times tho, they;re not. I've stuckwith that for 3+ decades.
Old 03-04-2012, 10:18 AM
markemark21

hello there where did you get the toyota hilux stripes pls reply
many thanks mark
Old 04-14-2012, 10:55 AM
rckcrwlr

It's time to start making some changes....nothing like some of my other drivers are doing but mods just the same...<div></div><div>First one is shortening the sliders.</div><div></div><div>As you can see they stick out pretty far from the body. My thoughts on this is I would rather have them further out and cut them down than decide to use another body and then be two short.</div><div></div><div></div><div></div><div>So all I did was measure .30 inches (7.6 mm) off the the mounting posts and cut it off.</div><div></div><div></div><div></div><div>A sharp X-Acto Knife or Razor Blade works great</div><div></div><div></div><div>And mount them back up. What a difference it makes to the look.</div><div></div><div></div>
Old 04-14-2012, 02:34 PM
rckcrwlr

Next was that I needed to get some type of floor in the cab. I really didn't want to get into constructing a detailed interior so I opted for just a piece of textured styrene.<div></div><div>Cut to size, painted and attached with the three dash screws and velcro in the back.</div><div></div><div>Quick and does the job....</div><div></div><div></div><div></div><div></div><div></div><div></div><div></div>
Old 04-14-2012, 02:48 PM
rckcrwlr

On a roll today.<div></div><div>Needed to get the TSS ARB Style Front bumper on...</div><div></div><div></div><div></div><div>Picked up some of these Boat Hardware on eBay...</div><div></div><div></div><div></div><div>I had to drill the hole out to mount the RC4WD Shackles</div><div></div><div></div><div></div><div>It was time to take the dremel to the front valance...</div><div></div><div></div><div></div><div></div><div></div><div>Due to the fact that I had to cut the mounting tabs on the valance and I hanging a solid Aluminum bumper on, I put a bead of Shoo Goo at the joint to hold it together.</div><div></div><div></div><div></div><div>Here it is done...It's raining out so good pics will need to wait for tomorrow.</div><div></div>
Old 04-14-2012, 06:08 PM
rckcrwlr

Next step was Getting some flares on this thing.<div></div><div>I picked up a set of the RC4WD Big Boss Flares. </div><div></div><div></div><div></div><div>What is really slick about these is that come with mounting screws to give the realistic look.</div><div></div><div></div><div>They are solid rubber molded to fit around the body flares for a snug fit.</div><div></div><div></div><div>So here is what my TF2 looks like now..</div><div></div><div></div><div>The hardest part is putting a drill to your body...but just take your time and drill a pilot hole. Then go back and make the hole bigger.</div><div></div><div></div><div></div><div>Now it isn't necessary but I put a little Shoo Goo on them to hold them in place.</div><div></div><div></div><div>NOTE: Don't tighten the screws and nuts down or you wlll pull the screw head through the rubber flare. Also added a dab of Shoo Goo on the end of the screws so that the nut doesn't back off.</div><div></div><div>INTRODUCING:</div><div></div><div></div><div>RC4WD Viking Fairlead:</div><div></div><div></div><div>The Scale Shop ARB Style Bumper</div><div></div><div></div><div></div><div></div><div></div>
Old 04-15-2012, 06:30 AM
rckcrwlr

Poser Photo Shoot...need to get new electronics in today...<div></div><div></div><div></div><div></div><div></div><div></div><div></div><div></div><div></div><div></div><div></div><div></div><div></div><div></div>
Old 04-16-2012, 05:38 AM
The Mad Modder

Very well done build. Nice and clean.

Reminds me of my f-350 project that's been sitting for too long. Gotta find some time to work on it.