Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

h9 semi scale Cessna

Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

h9 semi scale Cessna

Old 09-02-2003, 01:06 AM
ttmr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default h9 semi scale Cessna

Tested with
O.S .46 FX
15% omega fuel
Evolution 3 blade prop (From alpha trainer)

Construction, Very simple and of generaly good construction but for the cheap sticker style covering. Be careful assembling the fuel tank, if the cap is over tightened it will fall off, and install an elivator push rod brace.
I used slightly higher than recomended throws.
Time to compleat 10-12 hours

Flight

Takes offs are smooth and predictable and smooth, however the recomended nose wheel throw is much too high. I set it near the lowest possible.

Slow speed flight, Very good, it likes to cruse just under half power. Stalls are smooth with just a hint of tip stall. Glide slope is very flat.

high speed flight, Very good again. This plane likes to fly fast and turns best at high speed.

Areobatics, smooth. At full speed turns take little more than the wing span to exicute, however the plane never approched stall. loops can be large or small. Rools are very axial with little altitude loss. Inverted flight is possible but a bit of a handful due to the reletivly high dihedral wing.

Summary, A nice second plane, cheap and predictable it is a suprisingly capable aircraft. Almost anything short of 3-D manuvers are possible.
Old 09-02-2003, 09:48 PM
BlackHorsearegreat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default h9 semi scale Cessna

Is THIS the one you've got?