Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

does anyone have this tx/rx?

Old 10-30-2012, 02:33 PM
crash118s

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default does anyone have this tx/rx?

this looks like a got set up but im needing some consumer opinions on it...

GT3B 2.4G 3CH Gun Transmitter /w Receiver For RC Car
Old 10-30-2012, 03:19 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
Default RE: does anyone have this tx/rx?

have one outside one of the settings not working (I forgot which I didn't know it didn't work till someone here mentioned it seeing its one of those seldom used settings) I've had 0 issues.
the range is well over 1/8th of a mile. Mines not glitched once since I've owned it(about a year or so ago).
only complaint is its kinda a battery hog (no where near as bad as the original GT3 though) I found it cheaper to buy a 3S lipo off hobbypartz.com rip out the battery compartment, and use that to power it.
Old 10-30-2012, 04:29 PM
nitroexpress

ORIGINAL: crash118s

this looks like a got set up but im needing some consumer opinions on it...

GT3B 2.4G 3CH Gun Transmitter /w Receiver For RC Car
Seems decent for the money. Some have broken triggers and some have had failures.

For a few bucks, you can upgrade the firmware and power hungry regulator.

http://www.overkillrc.com/gt3b.htm
Old 10-30-2012, 04:39 PM
yakfish
My Feedback: (27)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

IMO it is the best bang for your buck 2.4 system. I have had several of them and they have all worked extremely well. I will probably never think of going with one of the "name branded" system again. I have had issues with a couple receivers range but for $7 for a receivers I always just have a couple new ones on hand and I'll just switch it out and be good to go.the screen is large and easy to read and adjusting the setting is nice and easy too.
Old 10-30-2012, 04:44 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

nitroexpress interesting link. Using the info on that site I found the posts where the parts are listed to do it manually. Dang is that site expensive seeing the part itself is only $8 from digikey. I might have to get a flasher, and flash mine to add those extra functions
Old 10-30-2012, 04:46 PM
iexion

Its fine for the price.

Pros:

Super cheap receivers and they are TINY!
Great features that are now standard on most 2.4 digital radios. (ABS, Expo, etc)

Cons:

Yes it is a battery hog
After about two blocks in distance you can start to see some minor lagg in the signal. (could be from low battery power tho)

Look into the Newer version GT3C
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZK7I8s-rLQ8[/youtube]
Old 10-30-2012, 04:53 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

ORIGINAL: iexion

Its fine for the price.

Pros:

Great features that are now standard on most 2.4 digital radios. (ABS, Expo, etc)

Cons:

Yes it is a battery hog
After about two blocks in distance you can start to see some minor lagg in the signal. (could be from low battery power tho)

heard there were some issues with the 3c (forgot where and what they were though)
Old 10-31-2012, 03:27 AM
Haddi Taha

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: SyCo_VeNoM

Its fine for the price.

Pros:

Cons:

Yes it is a battery hog

heard there were some issues with the 3c (forgot where and what they were though)
The On/off switch is on the steering wheel. Some report that it stops turning on and off so they have to relocate the switch elsewhere
<br type="_moz" />
Old 10-31-2012, 05:27 AM
SyCo_VeNoM

ORIGINAL: Haddi Taha

The On/off switch is on the steering wheel. Some report that it stops turning on and off so they have to relocate the switch elsewhere
<br type=''_moz'' />
what the... that is probably one of the most stupid places to locate a power switch
looking at the pic it even looks push button... so wow thats even better if you grab the wheel or finger slips you turn the radio off...
I've seen some stupid places to shove power switches but think this one takes the cake
Old 10-31-2012, 12:07 PM
Eman77

Love the GT3B. And the Rx price is fantastic!
Old 10-31-2012, 03:33 PM
nitroexpress

Flysky is now sellingthe FS-GT3C with Li-ion 800 mahbattery. Perhaps some of the features have been fixed.
Old 10-31-2012, 03:35 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

ORIGINAL: nitroexpress

Flysky is now selling the FS-GT3C with LiPo battery. Perhaps some of the features have been fixed.
look up 8 posts(counting this one)

Old 10-31-2012, 03:45 PM
nitroexpress

ORIGINAL: nitroexpress

Flysky is now sellingthe FS-GT3C with LiPo battery. Perhaps some of the features have been fixed.
look up 8 posts(counting this one)

True, but the OP asked about the 3B and the video is about the 3B (with penlight batteries). So really, there are no user reports about the latest model.
Old 10-31-2012, 05:51 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

ahh didn't even look at the video as I have to click to ok them
Old 11-01-2012, 07:51 AM
porterdog

Hated mine; blew it out after 3 months and bought an MT4.

You can fix the issues, but it's time and money.   I spent more and stopped worrying about my radio which to me was worth a lot.

YMMV
Old 11-01-2012, 03:42 PM
crash118s

ok, so some people say it sucks then others say its a good setup.....im in need of 2 tx/rx setups for my cars and traxxas wants 75 ea. so i went to looking around.

any other suggestions on setups? at least the same price as this one or a lil more?
Old 11-01-2012, 06:52 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

ORIGINAL: crash118s

ok, so some people say it sucks then others say its a good setup.....im in need of 2 tx/rx setups for my cars and traxxas wants 75 ea. so i went to looking around.

any other suggestions on setups? at least the same price as this one or a lil more?
you ain't gonna find any others really in the same price range. The only ones I can think of are made by the same brand, and are just re-labels
Hell the RX's for some of the radios cost more than the radio, and RX

If you want to think about it though out of all the people I've seen on this board use flysky radios I've seen 3 or so complaints total in 2 years about failure. Porter's was the second in the past 2 weeks. The 3rd was like a year ago, and was from a guy that got his second hand in a used RC so no telling what the prior owner did after telling the gey to try another RX he never posted again so no telling if it really worked, and just needed to be bound or what.
Now minor issues that are easily fixable like the trigger on the GT3 that break from use I don't count I will admit as my trigger broke, and it took me 1 axle hex pin, some CA glue, a paperclip, and a lighter to fix

As for other radios I found the HPI TF-40 not to bad for a basic radio, but they are quite a bit more expensive at $42 shipped on ebay, and $22 a RX(+shipping)
Old 11-02-2012, 04:24 AM
porterdog

If that's all you have to spend and you go into the deal with your eyes open (knowing full well that the FS has some real idiosyncrasies) I doubt you can do better.

For me though it came down to the value of my time, convenience, and parity. Screwing about with an oddly working $40 radio just didn't make sense to me when I had a couple grand in vehicles/electronics/spares/tools already. Tons of people like them; I just got sick of having to 'make do' and/or 'improve' something that should have worked right out of the box. To me, not worth it.

IMO if you're going to be in the hobby for a while you'd be better off buying higher quality gear used or buying entry-level products from a known-good manufacturer. I got an MT-4; have a look at the new MT-V (Ithink that's the name; Airtronic's new entry-level rig. ~$130 IIRC).

Old 11-02-2012, 09:16 PM
iexion

I like mine. never had any real issues with it. If I went out and spent $1k+ on a rc anything then year it wouldn't be a bad idea to look at a more superior quality radio. Really in that case you should be running with a fail safe anyway
Old 11-02-2012, 09:36 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

I like mine. never had any real issues with it. If I went out and spent $1k+ on a rc anything then year it wouldn't be a bad idea to look at a more superior quality radio. Really in that case you should be running with a fail safe anyway
The RX has built in failsafe

external failsafes don't work on 2.4ghz
Old 11-02-2012, 09:53 PM
crash118s

Ok, so this one is good for the money but not the best....what is a good radio that comes with the receiver on the market now and how much am I gonna cry about the price?
Old 11-04-2012, 04:27 AM
iexion

The RX has built in failsafe

external failsafes don't work on 2.4ghz
The Im too lazy to find the youtube video but you'll want a real fail safe if your running something big and potentially dangerous.
And yes a fail safe does work with a 2.4 radio. Earlier this year I had a 1/5 rovan MT. (BIGGEST P.O.S. IVE EVER BOUGHT!!) and i tested the fail safe EVERY time before i attempted to run that thing. In one case It was a good thing i was running with a fail safe because one of my receivers was bad. 1/5 + WOT + no signal = one BIG ASS law suit.

The radio is great for the price. I think Ive had mine for at least two+ years now.

Bashing and some racing its a great radio

Serious racing you'll obviously want something top quality
Old 11-04-2012, 09:05 AM
rebuildrcs

I haveit and I run 4 trucks XL,MGT 8.0,Revo,RC10GT with no problems at all so far , had it for a year and when I go out bashing I throw it in a 5 gal buck with other stuff ,I give it no special treatment , as for the batterys I never had the tx die on mein a days time but I do chargeeverythingbe for I go out , the built in fail safe works great , it don't workif thepower go's out but it work greatif the signal is lost
Old 11-04-2012, 04:17 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

ORIGINAL: rebuildrcs

I have it and I run 4 trucks XL,MGT 8.0,Revo,RC10GT with no problems at all so far , had it for a year and when I go out bashing I throw it in a 5 gal buck with other stuff , I give it no special treatment , as for the batterys I never had the tx die on me in a days time but I do charge everything be for I go out , the built in fail safe works great , it don't work if the power go's out but it work great if the signal is lost
none do lol
at that point on a nitro you need a throttle return spring
Old 11-04-2012, 09:39 PM
crash118s

ok, i dont race or bash against others, i just run mine around a parking lot or a baseball infield for fun, nothing major.  ive been in the hobby for 3-4 months and just playing around until i get the hang of it.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.