Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets > Turbine Clinic
Reload this Page >

CAN i use kingtech turbine oil in a jetcat turbine?

Notices
Turbine Clinic Get direct support from the major turbine manufacturer support reps in here.

CAN i use kingtech turbine oil in a jetcat turbine?

Old 06-17-2014, 12:08 PM
sherlockshah
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CAN i use kingtech turbine oil in a jetcat turbine?

I recently just bought a jetcat p20 and wanted to know if i can use the kingtech turbine oil in it. Other wise i have to make a different blend so it would be easier to use the kingtech oil.
Old 08-03-2015, 09:44 AM
yellowbird911

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did you ever find out whether or not you can use KT oil with a Jetcat. I've switched from DTE Light to KT oil almost a year ago with no problems. From what I have read the KT and DTE light oils are similar but the KT has some additives, not an expert just my opinion. All my turbines, Kingtech, Jetcats and Jet Central run fine on the KT oil. Will have to wait for service to find out what the long term effect is. KT is the only manufacture that I've seen that has reported about different oils and their effects. Realize every turbine is different but if the application is the same and the temps are the same it seems to me the oil should respond the same. Anyhow just curious.
Old 08-04-2015, 01:49 AM
raron455
My Feedback: (38)

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

I started using KT oil when I bought My K210 for my F16, since then I have been running KT oil in my 120SX Ultra Flash for a while, running it in my 120 F15 as well. Your gonna hear every opinion under the sun on oil, However KT is very particular about Oil, and have made multiple statements and claims on it, So I just run it.. Never any issue in My Jetcats.
Old 08-04-2015, 03:29 AM
gunradd
My Feedback: (9)

Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts

I dont have any experience with the using it in other brands but Kingtech oil was made by a chemist at Shell specifically for our turbines. This mixture is not something that was made for a different purpose it was made just for us. So that being said I would think it would do well in all model turbines not just kingtech. But like I said I have never tested it in other turbines.
Old 08-25-2022, 06:38 PM
Instructor
My Feedback: (16)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was having carbon build up using Aero Shell 500. It got so bad that the starter wouldn't turn over when applied to the shaft. I switched to KT oil and I haven't had a problem since. Like everyone else, won't know if there is any damage until service...

Larry