Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Jetcat warranty question

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Jetcat warranty question

Old 08-04-2015, 05:18 AM
The Great Squintini

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jetcat warranty question

Hey Guys,

I read the warranty contract a few times and maybe I'm missing something so hopefully you guys can clear it up for me. I was under the impression that as long as I sent my turbine into JetCat for service within every 25 hr interval(TBO) service, the warranty was good for 3 years. I have stayed within these guidelines and sent the turbine in for a warranty issue. Time of ownership is 2 yrs and 3mths and total time on turbine is now 44hrs. The first TBO service was complied with at 25hrs.

I'm being told that the warranty is only good for 3 years OR the first 25hrs, whichever comes first. Does that sound right? I can't find that anywhere in the warranty. If someone can show me where it states that or can verify then I've obviously made a mistake.
Old 08-04-2015, 05:51 AM
shepp

Talk to John.
Old 08-04-2015, 06:13 AM
Len Todd

Received 41 Likes on 36 Posts

For my P-90s' warranties there is nothing in the manuals about whichever comes first. It says 3 years unless I do not send them in at < 25 hrs for inspection.

I also suggest calling John on the phone. Their service has been great! The phone works best. But, eventually they still get to their emails. Phone first.
Old 08-04-2015, 06:14 AM
essyou35
My Feedback: (11)

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Who said that and what issues are you having.
Old 08-04-2015, 08:11 AM
The Great Squintini

I was told that was the warranty by John himself yesterday on the phone. The issue was total seizure in flight due to catastrophic failure of the bearings. I was fortunate enough to be in a good enough position to land safely so there was no secondary damage to the airframe or power plant which makes it easier to troubleshoot. And yes, I was using JetCat oil. I don't want to turn this into a big pissing contest, I just wanted to make sure I was reading the warranty correctly and judging by the responses I'm interpreting it exactly as you guys are reading it.
Old 08-04-2015, 09:00 AM
essyou35

Originally Posted by The Great Squintini
II don't want to turn this into a big pissing contest,
Whatever dude.
Old 08-04-2015, 09:42 AM
Pttcrisp
Banned

It would seem odd if it were 25 hrs or 3 years. That would be only 8.33 hrs a year which is quite low
Old 08-04-2015, 12:59 PM
sideshow

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Guys,

I'm being told that the warranty is only good for 3 years OR the first 25hrs, whichever comes first.
Just read it....doesn't say "or" anywhere.
Old 08-04-2015, 01:44 PM
The Great Squintini

Hey Guys,

I appreciate the feedback and here is the update. Just got of the phone with John at JetCat. After reviewing the warranty, a simple matter of misunderstanding has been resolved. As I had expected, JetCat is true to their word and standing by their warranty. I have had several JetCat turbines, and although this particular one has been a little bit troublesome, once again JetCat has stood by their product with great customer service. This is exactly why all of my turbines are JetCats.
Old 08-04-2015, 05:11 PM
VF84sluggo
My Feedback: (55)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good to hear you got it sorted out. Indeed, JetCat engines are "top shelf."
Old 08-04-2015, 06:34 PM
Bobneal1
My Feedback: (21)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Squintini,

Were you doing 3D with thrust vectoring with your jet? I'm curious what else other than abnormally high gyroscopic loads on the bearings would make a turbine lock up, aside from lack of lubrication of course.
Any idea what caused it?
Old 08-04-2015, 10:26 PM
Pttcrisp
Banned

Hey Guys,

I appreciate the feedback and here is the update. Just got of the phone with John at JetCat. After reviewing the warranty, a simple matter of misunderstanding has been resolved. As I had expected, JetCat is true to their word and standing by their warranty. I have had several JetCat turbines, and although this particular one has been a little bit troublesome, once again JetCat has stood by their product with great customer service. This is exactly why all of my turbines are JetCats.
So what is the answer. Is it 3 years with no other conditions ?
Old 08-05-2015, 06:43 AM
The Great Squintini

The part of the warranty I was trying to confirm is as long as the turbine is serviced by JetCat within its 25hr intervals, the warranty will cover for a maximum period of 3 years. So for example if I have 150hrs on the turbine and its on its 6th service, each one compiled with within it's 25hr period, and the turbine fails due to one of its components and your still within 3 years the warranty is good. I realize 150 in 3 years is a crazy number. It's just an example. Of course their are other guidelines to the warranty but this particular part was what was in question.
Old 08-05-2015, 06:47 AM
essyou35

Im just going to say, I've had a few "minunderstandings" with JetCat and I only owned 1. There are die-hard fans out there so I will digress. But just know what you asked about really implies some serious dishonesty on JetCat's part. If you truly misunderstood, you really should clarify what exactly happened and the correct interpretation of what you misunderstood.
Old 08-05-2015, 08:39 AM
shepp

The few times I have had issues with my jet cats, Bob and now John have made it right. That's all I need to know.
Glenn
Old 08-05-2015, 08:56 AM
The Great Squintini

Originally Posted by essyou35
Im just going to say, I've had a few "minunderstandings" with JetCat and I only owned 1. There are die-hard fans out there so I will digress. But just know what you asked about really implies some serious dishonesty on JetCat's part. If you truly misunderstood, you really should clarify what exactly happened and the correct interpretation of what you misunderstood.
The misunderstanding was JetCat USA's interpretation of the warranty. After further discussion, it was confirmed that the warranty is 3 years as long as the engine is serviced every 25 hours. We're all on the same page now.
Old 08-05-2015, 09:06 AM
FalconWings
My Feedback: (57)

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

The misunderstanding was JetCat USA's interpretation of the warranty. After further discussion, it was confirmed that the warranty is 3 years as long as the engine is serviced every 25 hours. We're all on the same page now.
Glad to know that JetCat USA now undestands thier warranty terms and conditions.......LOL!
Old 08-05-2015, 12:36 PM
ira d

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I really can't understand how Jetcat could be confused about their own warranty for something as simple as it is. Please don't take this as I don't believe you it just seems that Jetcat should know their warranty terms inside out even if no one else does.