Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

TorqPro TP70-FS 70cc Gas Engine

Old 03-29-2019, 07:39 AM
acdii

Received 97 Likes on 88 Posts
Default TorqPro TP70-FS 70cc Gas Engine

Alright, saw this in the ad today from Hobby King. Swings a 23" prop of various pitch. Largest single cylinder 4 stroke I have seen so far. Tempted to get one but then would have to figure out what to put it in, maybe a Corsair. $450 isn't that bad a price considering a Saito FG-30 is $599.
Old 03-29-2019, 09:10 AM
ForcesR

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Before you purchase a TP70, read the TP70 thread posted in the engine section of Flying Giants.
Old 03-29-2019, 09:55 AM
acdii

This one? https://www.flyinggiants.com/forums/...ad.php?t=93019

Seems like they like it, has a few flaws, but expected from a cheap engine.
Old 03-29-2019, 04:46 PM
ForcesR

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

No, this one! https://www.flyinggiants.com/forums/...d.php?t=248539
Old 03-29-2019, 07:34 PM
acdii

Ok, read it. One guy had an engine that could have been a return, and in the same thread someone else has two of them and they run great.. The other thread I posted had quite a few who bought the engine and have good things to say. The NGH 38CC is another example of you might get a not so good one, but most of them are. I have 2 of them and they are well made engines. In any case I want to hear from those who have actually flown this engine.
Old 09-04-2019, 01:00 PM
Warbird AL
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought one awhile back and it sat in the box.. I fiinally mounted it to the TF P-47 and that's when I noticed mine didn't come with an exhaust flex pipe or any kind of muffler. and of course it appears Torque Pro is no longer around? I have googled and googled hoping I could at least get that flex pipe to attach to the engine. Any ideas?
Old 09-04-2019, 04:40 PM
EFHANC

Default Parts

Originally Posted by Warbird AL
I bought one awhile back and it sat in the box.. I fiinally mounted it to the TF P-47 and that's when I noticed mine didn't come with an exhaust flex pipe or any kind of muffler. and of course it appears Torque Pro is no longer around? I have googled and googled hoping I could at least get that flex pipe to attach to the engine. Any ideas?
RTS Try TowerPro.com.TW . I've ordered from them before, everthing ok.
Old 09-04-2019, 06:47 PM
Warbird AL

Originally Posted by EFHANC
RTS Try TowerPro.com.TW . I've ordered from them before, everthing ok.
cool I hadn't seen them before.. I will give it a shot thanks!!

ahhh so I just went to that web site and it is no longer in service.. the domain is up for sale

Last edited by Warbird AL; 09-04-2019 at 06:48 PM. Reason: reviewed
Old 09-05-2019, 04:04 AM
EFHANC

cool I hadn't seen them before.. I will give it a shot thanks!!

ahhh so I just went to that web site and it is no longer in service.. the domain is up for sale
Sounds like somebody is trying to sell you the Brooklyn Bridge, you might try it again, towerpro.com works, torquepro doesn't. The pipe was $9,90, shipping $25 to USA. Muffler is $30. These require the heat proof coupling for joining.. You might try all the threads on this engine, somebody may have come up with an alternative . I saw one say a muffler reduced the power output ? Haven't run mine yet so I don't know. Also, check out Vogelsang USA website. They have Exhaust Solutions for the engines they sell. Might give you some ideas for a custom exhaust. Good Luck .
Old 09-08-2019, 07:11 AM
Warbird AL

ok ordered it, crossing fingers!
Old 09-08-2019, 07:23 AM
acdii

That P-47 should be pretty close to the Hanger9 150 P-47, so will be interested to know how it flies. I have a DLE30 on mine, and it flew well, until I kissed a wing to the roof of a hanger and flipped it into the ground. It is all back together but I decided to replace the servos after finding I installed MPI that were giving me fits on other planes, so going to swap them with Futaba 3010 servos. Why take the risk after doing all the repairs only to have a cheap servo fail. The DLE30 is adequate, but nothing beats the sound of a 4 stroke in a Warbird.
Old 09-08-2019, 05:23 PM
Warbird AL

I have had a couple of the TF P47 and they are larger and heavier than the Hangar 9 150... the DLE 30 is good for the Hangar 9 but I doubt it would get this bird off the ground the last one I flew with the ASP 400 5 cylinder which was acceptable and sounded incredible. The TF P-47 flies like a dream.. makes me look like I know how to fly lol
Old 10-22-2019, 05:38 PM
rltrahan
My Feedback: (128)

Haha, I love when guys bash equipment they haven't even tried! Reminds me of the days everyone was bashing on the cheap Chinese junk called DLE , dont waste your money buy a DA, now look! Any way would love hear some alternatives some may have tried for A TP70 exhaust to quiet it down, got DB restrictions at my field so looking for ideas.
Old 03-01-2020, 07:10 AM
MSC63

Originally Posted by rltrahan
Haha, I love when guys bash equipment they haven't even tried! Reminds me of the days everyone was bashing on the cheap Chinese junk called DLE , dont waste your money buy a DA, now look! Any way would love hear some alternatives some may have tried for A TP70 exhaust to quiet it down, got DB restrictions at my field so looking for ideas.
“torqpro.com” is the correct web address and they have the exhaust flex tube and a muffler. I have one of these for my TopRC 89” P51 but have not installed or started it. I’ve seen multiple videos of these installed in this plane - so, I decided to try it.
Old 06-22-2020, 01:05 PM
Warbird AL

finally got this airplane in the air... the TP 70 pulls this baby around and half throttle! Pretty loud, I only have the exhaust tube no muffler. Also I haven't been able to get the idle low enough to taxi around. After I land I had to kill the engine before I ran out of runway. Engine starts easily enough after a couple of flips with choke on, then choke off and voila a couple of flips and away she goes. This is the TF giant arf with Robart retracts converted to electric.