Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Control Lines
Reload this Page >

Need Help Locating Older C/L Engine Parts

Notices
Control Lines For all you fly-by-wire fanatics!

Need Help Locating Older C/L Engine Parts

Old 10-19-2003, 09:45 PM
jonuck-RCU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Help Locating Older C/L Engine Parts

Have aquired two older OS Max engines at local swap meet, a Max OS 25 and a Max-11 OS 15, both are missing the needle valve assembly, can anyone help me locate these parts?

Jonuck.
Old 10-19-2003, 09:50 PM
Clean

Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts
Default RE: Need Help Locating Older C/L Engine Parts

Just buy a replacement from Leonard Neuman at www.clstunt.com. It doesn't need to be the same thing to run right. Might work better.
Old 10-20-2003, 09:20 AM
big max 1935
My Feedback: (9)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would think that ones from ACE that are for Thunder Tiger engines would work , not too expensive from them .That is if they still sell U/C engines ? MAX H.
Old 10-20-2003, 04:24 PM
gcb

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The CL TT engines I have use a true venturi with a sprinkler system. The needle assembly is at the rear of the venturi, not in the center.

The Max-II .15 has a large contoured venturi and came with two inserts that fit inside the venturi and are held in place by the needle valve assembly. If you do not have these you have to use a piece of aluminum tubing and fashion an insert...or run pressure.
Try fitting drills inside the needle assembly holes to get the diameter of the assembly you need...or as Clean said, send it to Leonard and he will fit one for you.
What model is the Max .25?

Good luck,
George

Edit: you use one or the other of the inserts, not both at once. They have two different inside diameters.
Old 10-21-2003, 09:18 AM
jonuck-RCU

Thanks a bunch you guys for your response, and your advice is quite correct, I can obtain replacements from Leonard Neuman. In answer to your query gcb the Max OS 25 has KV stamped on underside of one mounting lug. These engines are in excellent condition and I think they were originally meant for RC use it is my intention to use them for Control-line use. I have no idea of the vintage of these engines but knowing the quality and performance of OS products I am sure that once setup correctly these little gems will give me good use.

jonuck.
Old 11-12-2003, 01:48 PM
Ralph78

I am using needle valves made by RSM Distribution. These are GREAT needle valves for control line and free flight applications. RSM obtained the dies for the old style SuperTiger 46 and 51 "fine thread" needle valves.

I am using these needle valves on a wide variety of engine types and sizes. My applications are Slow Stunt to Fast Combat, high performance freeflight, and SAM Radio Assist.
RSM is a small "cottage industry" manufacturer. The pricing for the assemblies ar $9-$16 +$5 shipping (+ sales tax if you are in California).

I have made it a point to lay in a large number of these needle valves, both complete assemblies and replacement needles. Because of the "cottage industry" nature of their manufactur, there is always the chance that they could go out of production with no source for replacements.

The last address I have for RSM distribution is 21899 Heliotrope Lane, Wildomar CA 92595. The phone number is (714) 931-6038
WWWrsmdistribution.com
Old 11-12-2003, 06:37 PM
ajcoholic
My Feedback: (10)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Jonuck,
I have about 300 NIP needle valves for older OS engines. Since we are in Canada, it would be easier for you to send me the engines and I will fit a NV to them, and a venturi if needed, for you - no charge to you, just reimburse my return postage. I do model engine work/building and I can fix you up, no problem. Saves also having to send them to the USA.

I am well known here in Canada to many, I am a long time modeller and have been doing engine work for some time also.

If you are weary of sending me your engines (figure I may be too good to be true so to speak) please go to RC Canada ( www.rccanada.ca ) or check out the 1/2A forum here, thats where I hang out. I try and help guys in the hobby when I can.

Here is a bit about me too: http://www.flitelinesolutions.com/custom.html

If you are iterested email me at : [email protected]

Andrew Coholic

PS I am in Kirkland Lake, a small town about 6 hours north of Toronto.