Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic
Reload this Page >

H9 Sukhoi 33% and DA-100 help help

Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

H9 Sukhoi 33% and DA-100 help help

Old 10-22-2003, 08:54 PM
Gotta_Fly
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default H9 Sukhoi 33% and DA-100 help help

Ok here is the deal I'm trying to find the same person who has my same setup which is the H9 33% Sukhoi with the DA-100, this is my first big scale so I really would like all the help I can get, Iv been talking to JohnVH here in this forum and he's been great but he use's a ZDZ80, So the main questions I would like help with are how are you setting up your battery's where/and what kind,,,what are your servos your using?? This is what I iv bought so far. I'm planning on using two 4.8v 4000 mh batterys for the wings and tail and a 1650mh for the engine,I have 8 hi-tech 5645 servos, I'm also using 4 matchboxes, some say this is a little over kill but thats why I'm here to hear everyones input, so any help would be great . ahh I'm also using a 9C futaba with a 9channel PCM...

Randy
Old 10-23-2003, 08:03 AM
FormerCA.
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: H9 Sukhoi 33% and DA-100 help help

Well, mabee my .02 will help some-My set-up is almost the same as yours. I've got a 3W106 in my H9 SU31.

JR 10X
2727's all around
537 on throttle
3 2200 LiIons (7.2v)
3 6V regulators
no matchboxes
TME Smoker

Built a tray for the batts/regulators and mounted it to the floor. If you haven't bought the batts yet, you might consider the Powerflites-They last a LONG time and you can regulate them down to 4.8v if needed.
Old 10-23-2003, 09:58 AM
mglavin
My Feedback: (31)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: H9 Sukhoi 33% and DA-100 help help

The 5645's have proven to work in your application, BUT these servos are not recommended by Hitec for this range of model. These are simply metal geared sport servos with a digital amplifier...

The Matchboxes are NOT needed, IMO. Your likely aware that you can program the HS-5645 digital servos. In any event you can setup the model without any ancillary devices.

4000mAh batteries are HEAVY, I assume your thinking Nicads? You can get by on much less. I'd recommend 2700mAh NiMH 5-cells. Much lighter and more than up to task. Whatever you do use 6.0V batteries.

I have rigged two of these models. I'd use a pull-pull system with the servo(s) mounted forward in the bellly. I used a HS-5735 jumbo in one of the models and two 5945's in the latter, either setup is more than adequate. My batteries were located ahead of the wing tube in both models. Fuel tank was mounted slightly forward above the wing tube.