Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic
Reload this Page >

Special Care for 6V applications on big planes ?

Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Special Care for 6V applications on big planes ?

Old 04-15-2003, 03:10 PM
Tabushi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Special Care for 6V applications on big planes ?

Hi ...

Im about to finish a 1/4 scale Extra 300L, it will fit 5 high torque servos.

I was thinking on a normal receiver and 2.000mah 6v battery.

Any tip or advice about this configuration, do i have to buy any electronic device to control de tension or anything ?. Im worried about the tension on the receiver if i go for a manouver where ALL the surfaces are working at the same time (Hitec 645 servos all over).

thanks in advance.

PAT

Old 04-15-2003, 06:33 PM
FHHuber
Banned

The reciever traces can handle the load. The power supplied to the servo mottors doesn't actually pass through the reciever's circuits, the battery and servo's + and - leads connect to a power "buss bar."

The first item which usually fails due to excess current is the RX switch. Some people will rewire the switch with heavier guage wires (some will get a higher rated switch too...) Others will parallel 2 switches using heavy duty Y harnesses to split the current load. (the single heavy duty switch and heavy wire is the better idea...)

Another option is to go with 2 RX packs each supplying power to the RX via its own switch harness. This gives a built-in back-up in case one switch fails... but no in-flight notice of the failure.

Every option you will hear of for supplying adequate power in high load setups will have some bennefits and some undesired aspect... (such as the isolator circuit systems being somewhat expensive, but VERY reliable.)
Old 04-15-2003, 07:24 PM
Tabushi

Thanks a lot !!

PAT