Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Starting Problems

Old 03-19-2004, 03:41 PM
supah

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Starting Problems

Iv got some problems starting my Carson 'wild cat' with a 3.5ccm force motor. These are supposed to be easy to handel, been a pain in the ass for me tho.
Its been about 1 year since last time I drove it. I just started it up a few days ago after a lot of hassle. I bought some more fuel and a new ignitor, and since
then I have not been able to get it going. :S I got all the motor adjustments set to standard. The car will only start for a moment or just drive by itself for a lil while,
but when I moce the throttle it stops. o_0 Anyone got an idea of whats wrong? I just cant seem to find it out. Iv been trying for several hours - no luck.

Any help would be great.

Thanks
Old 03-19-2004, 03:44 PM
willo123

Default RE: Starting Problems

Have you tried lettin it warm up for a couple of minutes before squeezing the the throttle trigger?

Also try setting the throttle trims back to neutral and make sure all your batteries are charged up.
Old 03-19-2004, 04:03 PM
Nitro_Keebler

You may have dry o-rings or seals. How did you store the engine? Did you go through it with after-run before you let it sit? Did you do a tear down before starting it and check your gaskets and o-rings? Could be any number of things causing your problem.
Old 03-19-2004, 04:16 PM
supah

Yeah, iv tried letting it warm up. Im not really that much into rc cars... didnt do anything special before putting it away.
But its kinda strange when it did run so smooth just 2 days ago, and now it refuses. Can it also be just a few adjustments?
Old 03-19-2004, 04:53 PM
Nitro Rustler Racer

try, to higher the idle srew and when the engine starts to respond then you could put it back down or put the trim higher
Old 03-20-2004, 06:36 AM
supah

Working fine now Thanks for your help