Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Which Type of Engine

Old 04-14-2004, 09:18 PM
UNCDROCK57

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which Type of Engine

Ok, I know that a lot of people have asked about replacing their stock engine in their savage. My question is would you rather have a screamer or a torquey engine. What I mean is a .21 that produces crazy amounts of RPM's like and RB or Novarossi or Sirio, or would you go for the bigger size blocks like the .26's or .27's or .28. Do you think that the weight of the savage demands a more torquey engine or would a screamer be ok. What do you guys think.
Old 04-14-2004, 09:30 PM
doctorgoodwrench
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Which Type of Engine

i prefer a bigger displacement motor like the picco .26 outlaw or the sirio .27xl. mainly because in my experience, you can always gear up a little to compensate for the minimal loss in rpm with a bigger motor. and just like in real cars and trucks.....theres no replacement for displacement.
Old 04-14-2004, 10:11 PM
UNCDROCK57

Thanks for the reply. And your right about the fact that you can always gear up.
Old 04-14-2004, 10:58 PM
vizaracer

yea, theres no replacement for displacement. thats what i always tell my friends about my 6.3 liter (and soon to be 7.4) to their 2.2's and 2.0's. i have the sirio .27XL race engine and i would say that thing is like a screamer. its got a whole lot of rpm. 39,000 and i think the picco has like 38,000 rpm. but the bigger the engine, the more hp your gonna have and the more torque to get going. i have a 48T spur and a 16T clutch bell which is considered to be geared down alot also since i have 7 inch tires on my truck compared to the stock 6.5 inch tires.