Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Another question from ME!

Old 04-28-2004, 03:35 PM
askewzero
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another question from ME!

OK, I just got the JR 8611 rudder servo and AirWild 3" servo horn. The horn is metal, and I am setting up a pull-pull rudder with it. My newest big bird newbie question is the pull pull kit in the hardware pack comes with metal clevises. I don't think I want to use plastic clevises in a pull-pull situation. But I have this red flag that pops up when I go to put a metal clevis in a metal horn..

Need a vet to tell me how to deal with this.
Old 04-28-2004, 04:08 PM
Airbike
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Another question from ME!

Here's my past experience.
1st pull pull installation, I looped the wire directly to the metal servo arm. Didn't work very well, the wire started cutting a notch into the servo arm in no time.
Then I tried using the metal clevis into the servo arm. No radio interference if thats what you were concerned about, but this worked for about 50 flights or so before the metal clevis also started to wear out the servo arm (elongated hole).

So now I use 4-40 ball links and yes, I have plenty of metal clevises left over. The ball links work very well as long as the servo arm is metal or super thick nylon as there is a twisting force.

If you use HD nylon servo arms, then I would use the metal clevis straight to to arm.
Hope this helps.
Old 04-28-2004, 04:41 PM
rctom

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Another question from ME!

ORIGINAL: warbirdz

OK, I just got the JR 8611 rudder servo and AirWild 3" servo horn. The horn is metal, and I am setting up a pull-pull rudder with it. My newest big bird newbie question is the pull pull kit in the hardware pack comes with metal clevises. I don't think I want to use plastic clevises in a pull-pull situation. But I have this red flag that pops up when I go to put a metal clevis in a metal horn..

Need a vet to tell me how to deal with this.
What you need with those 3" arms is a couple of 4-40 ball links. Just put a 4-40 screw through the ball link into the threads in the 3" arm. Then the 4-40 rigging coupler screws into the end of the ball link.

TF