Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Fiesler Fi-156 Storch

Old 05-16-2004, 12:35 PM
Nomadicwings

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fiesler Fi-156 Storch

Anyone know where to find(i.e. provide a link to a site or phone number) a kit or ARF of a Fiesler Fi-156 Storch. I am interested in 80+ inch wingspan, and a Gas(Not Nitro) engine configuration. Also if anyone has a large Storch for sale, I would be interested in it. Thanks in advance.
Old 05-16-2004, 03:51 PM
rmh

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Fiesler Fi-156 Storch

I think JENSEN once kitted avery nice one .
Old 05-16-2004, 07:25 PM
TomCrump

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

http://www.bhplans.com/index.htm

Bob Holman has a couple of sizes. Don't know if a gasser will fit in the cowl, but worth a look.
Old 06-03-2004, 04:21 PM
slyms

2 kits used to be available, the 93" Svenson kit, and the 82" Aviomodelli kit. Can't see you getting either new these days, but there's always plenty secondhand ones about. Petrol engines are a problem because the cowl isn't very tall, meaning the engine will stick out the bottom.

Sym.
Old 06-03-2004, 09:00 PM
CK1
My Feedback: (60)

Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts

I am building the Bob Holman kit , if the other kits are similar they arent big enough for a gas engine .

A saito 91 fourstroke is about the largest glow engine that will fit . The cowl is not very big
Old 06-04-2004, 08:04 PM
lord lucan

Gents ..

.....SMC still do the Avimodelli version of Mussolini's favorite airplane, 82" W/Span....laser cut kit ...two versions of the wing available ...foam veneer... or fully built up... £150.. WWW.sussex-model-centre.co.uk/item.asp?ID=146
Old 06-05-2004, 05:15 PM
slyms

Dave,

Didn't know you was a Storch man... I'm just finishing off a Svenson one with a Magnum 1.20 in it, didn't want to go for the usual schemes so I've gone for the captured Swiss one instead, although very tempted with Churchills personal transportation version.

Sym.
Old 06-05-2004, 05:31 PM
lord lucan

Ha.. there you are ... read about old Musso's departure from Gran-Sasso ..Oh ages ago ..[8D]....if it was'nt such a pretty airplane i would have one by now .....next winters project i think... ...Stuka allso......Hey ..did ya Know the first Stuka to fly had a Rolls-Royce Engine in it ..[8D]
Old 06-06-2004, 03:56 PM
slyms

Dave,

You are truly omnipitous (spelling?).
Have you seen the Aviomodelli Storch on Ebay at the moment... nice!
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...sPageName=WDVW

Also found a website with lots of Storch colour schemes on:- http://fi156storch.8m.net/Color%20schemes/
though I can't seem to get the links for the larger pics to work!

Sym.
Old 06-06-2004, 11:49 PM
lord lucan

...Omni ..What......dare i look that up later today.[:-].....swiss one looks nice..
Old 06-07-2004, 02:23 AM
slyms

I think it means "All Knowing"

Sym.
Old 06-07-2004, 04:23 PM
lord lucan

Sym......

Omni ...whatever ....thats Lady Lucan..

...what do you recon to the ask/bid for the e-bay Storch..? [:-].. engine size for that..?
Old 06-07-2004, 07:34 PM
slyms

Dunno... Everything looks perfect on photo's don't it!
I would of thought £150ish is reasonable if it's as good as it looks.

Disclaimer:- This member's opinion is usually flawed and shouldn't be trusted. Any advice given will be flatly denied at the next model show.

p.s. joking apart, I would if I didn't already have one. Engine wise, I think they fly on .60's. Mine's the bigger Svenson kit and they fly well on .90's, and there's 11" difference between the two.

Sym.
Old 08-25-2004, 09:58 AM
Sam Price

Hi,

I was wondering if any of you guy's could give me some advise.
I have just bought a Avio Modelli Storch on Ebay

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...e=STRK:MEWA:IT

it as built, has all the servos and a RCV 60 4 stroke. basically its ready to go!

However this will only be my second model. At the moment I have an old trainer style model that is rudder only and I bought the storch hoping it would be a good scale model to continue my learning on due to its trainer appearance!

I have read some nightmare reviews about building these models but can anyone tell me how they fly? I am hoping its going to be sturdy, slowish and and not to much of a handful!!!

Any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers
Old 08-25-2004, 09:59 AM
Sam Price

Hi,

I was wondering if any of you guy's could give me some advise.
I have just bought a Avio Modelli Storch on Ebay

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...e=STRK:MEWA:IT

it as built, has all the servos and a RCV 60 4 stroke. basically its ready to go!

However this will only be my second model. At the moment I have an old trainer style model that is rudder only and I bought the storch hoping it would be a good scale model to continue my learning on due to its trainer appearance!

I have read some nightmare reviews about building these models but can anyone tell me how they fly? I am hoping its going to be sturdy, slowish and and not to much of a handful!!!

Any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers
Old 12-24-2004, 10:20 AM
Bill Giulian
My Feedback: (38)

I am currently working on the Svenson kit which I purchsed about ten years ago in Germany. I was able to purchase two of them from a German Distributor at the time for about half of the street price which was then about $1000.00 at the then existing exchange rate. I'm sure the exchange rate is worse now. I am putting an OS 91 FX in it and it just fits with a Slimline muffler on it. I have the other kit which is complete in the box except that I have cut out the plywood fuselage formers on a bandsaw. I really was not thinking of selling it but if you are interested I will sell it for the price I paid which is $500.00 plus shipping. Beyond this, I do not know of any existing kit which would fit a gas engine except as you have already been told by another person. Also, if you e-mail me directly I can give you the name of the German distributor but I'm not sure if he is still carrying the kit. I could find out if you are really interested. Also I have looked at the Italian kit and don't believe it comes close to this kit or the Bob Holman kit. I did look at the Bob Holman kit in Toledo several years ago and that looked pretty good also. You might take a serious look at that one. Anyway, Good Luck. Bill Giulian.
Old 01-07-2005, 11:46 AM
davidej

Wow!!

$500 for a svenson kit.

I bought an untouched one in the UK for £110 and then later a finished plane incl motor and servos for £150. To be honest the servos are a bit antique- iI had tho change leads to fit a modern RX and I have changed the motor as it was a bit underpowered (ever economic - I am using it elsewhere).
Old 01-07-2005, 12:33 PM
Bill Giulian
My Feedback: (38)

David, That was really a great price. I'll bet it was from a private sale and not from a hobby shop. Bill.
Old 09-01-2005, 02:33 PM
iantnutz

Hi.

I live in the UK and I have an unbuilt kit of a Svenson Fiesler Storch in it's original (slightly dog-eared) box that I'll be selling in due course if enough interest is shown.

Reguards To All.
Old 07-01-2006, 03:50 PM
harris12

Hi Bill,

Did you finish your Svenson Storch? I have the plans for the svenson kit but not the build instructions or parts list. If these are spare could I borrow them to copy and then return.

Would be most grateful.

Regards,

Adam.

[email protected] for reply