Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks > HPI Monster Truck Forum
Reload this Page >

s-25 carb, 5 turn from out and 270!!!!!!!!!

Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

s-25 carb, 5 turn from out and 270!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-03-2004, 07:00 PM
Spudnik

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default s-25 carb, 5 turn from out and 270!!!!!!!!!

my hpi savage it getting on my nerves now. teh carb is now set to about 5 1/4 from out and the temp is at least 258 now. ***? teh carb is messed. i have the motor saver air filter on and the hpi ribbed pipe. the body is cut alot to get air over the engien and teh air filter is not undre the roll bar, i had to put it to the side of teh air filter and cut teh body to get more air over the engine, should i get a new carb?
Old 10-03-2004, 07:06 PM
neil.jb

Default RE: s-25 carb, 5 turn from out and 270!!!!!!!!!

258 is fine, whats the problem?
Old 10-03-2004, 07:09 PM
cemeb4dk

Is your HSN needle 5 turns out? or your lsn. If it is your HSN what is your LSN at?
Old 10-03-2004, 07:56 PM
Acs_guitars
My Feedback: (3)

Up to 275-280 is okay as long as you are using good quality fuel with atleast 16% oil and 20%Nitro.
Old 10-04-2004, 04:44 AM
Polar_Bus

ORIGINAL: Spudnik

my hpi savage it getting on my nerves now. teh carb is now set to about 5 1/4 from out and the temp is at least 258 now. ***? teh carb is messed. i have the motor saver air filter on and the hpi ribbed pipe. the body is cut alot to get air over the engien and teh air filter is not undre the roll bar, i had to put it to the side of teh air filter and cut teh body to get more air over the engine, should i get a new carb?
Try putting the HSN to 4 turns out. I have found that if you run a Savage WAY too rich, they will run hot when doing high speed full throttle runs. What type of terrain are you testing on? My Savage, no matter what, will run hot when in grass. BTW 270, is a little hot, but don't panic. 290+ is when to shut er' down. I run about 250 to 270, depending on how much fuel is in the tank, (a Savage will run about 20 degrees hotter below 1/2 tank, so go easy on your truck as the fuel level gets low.)
Old 10-05-2004, 04:46 PM
SS Nitro
My Feedback: (-1)

you have to set your lsn and high speed needle so they will balance out. Set lsn to about 3.5 and hsn to about 4.0. and set the mid range to equal the lsn. That should lower your temps. But really, your temps are kind of good.

there are a lot of factors that can effect temp

gas
glow plugs
weather
the tank half way leaning problem
airflow
wheel and tire size( depending an engine)
Old 10-05-2004, 07:18 PM
Spudnik

i don't know what plug to use, i am using a megatech q series chis whatever his name is plug. i know it is wrong because i am running that plug in my mt2 but is all they have i will put it back to 4 and then see thanks for the help