Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Flight Simulator Software
Reload this Page >

Landing GeeBee on G2

Notices
RC Flight Simulator Software Discuss rc flight simulator software here. Aerofly Pro, RealFlight G3, XTR, Reflex, etc.

Landing GeeBee on G2

Old 10-07-2004, 12:27 PM
Knighthawk2100

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Landing GeeBee on G2

Has anyone out there ever landed a Geebee in real life and on G2. Are they even close to the same?? I have a KMP models GeeBee that I will be flying next year, and have been practicing it on the Sim. Problem is I can't land it withought rolling it half the time.. Just curious if it's me or the sim, and how much this "Practice" is helping. One other thing if it does land in real life like the sim any suggestions on landing??
Old 10-07-2004, 05:14 PM
gbzflyer
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: Landing GeeBee on G2

I have a Adrian Page Gee Bee Z. I find that I need a headwind to help slow the plane down when landing. I also need to land it in a 3 point orientation and apply full up elevator when it touches down. This keeps the plane from flipping over. I still find it a bear to land sometimes.
Mike
Old 10-07-2004, 06:27 PM
RCH Pilot
My Feedback: (4)

A friend of mine has the ARF GEE BEE, I believe it is a Great Planes kit. He owns the local hobby shop here and has flown it only a couple of times and could not land without ground looping it. He also let two different guys with about 30 years flying experience try and they could not do it either. It is a beautiful plane, so rather than risk demolishing it, he just took the motor and gear out of it and hung it on the ceiling in his shop.
Old 10-07-2004, 08:16 PM
Knighthawk2100

LOL you guys are not making me feel any better about this. I am looking to fly it next year but sounds like it lands like it does in the Sim. I guess I will have all winter to practice
Old 10-20-2004, 07:37 PM
matus777

Guys, go to the Chip Hyde web site and watch him try to land his GeeBee....view the GeeBee video.

Cheers